Making an Herbal Heat Wrap

Can anyone give me the instructions to make an herbal heat wrap that goes in the microwave? I know that you can use rice or corn, however I would like to put some herbs in it as well.

Rose S from Malvern, PA

Answers:

Making Herbal Beauty Wrap

I have seen them with dried lavender added. (03/02/2008)

By MartyD

Making an Herbal Heat Wrap

I have made wheat heat packs and have added lavender too. I see no reason why you couldn't add any herb, I sleep on an herbal mattress overlay which seems to have a blend of different herbs inc. rosemary and sage...bliss. I would dry the herbs in the microwave first just to ensure even distribution throughout the wrap. (03/02/2008)

By purple daisy

Making an Herbal Heat Wrap

I've been making the heat wraps for several years now. The easiest and fastest is to use a clean large mens tube sock. I use rice and lavender in the tube sock, filling it about two thirds full. Then I tie a knot at the filling end, tight enough to open for emptying and washing.
I also buy soft washable fabric, comfortable for using on closed eyes. Then I measure 1)- piece of fabric the width from one ear to the other, some people need a little more or less. Add 1/2 inch for seams. Also measure,1)- I like the top of the forehead to about the tip of the nose, make sure the eyes are completely covered, with 1/2 inch for seams. I sew three sides, right sides together, the forth side close most of side, leave the rest open for filling. Turn inside out. In these I use whole flax seed with lavender. Then sew the end closed by hand. These can only be cleaned with a damp moist cloth. They make wonderful gifts.
Either of these can be heated in the microwave, or chilled in the refrigerator.
Enjoy (03/03/2008)

By DMMCW

Making an Herbal Heat Wrap

I was just coming here to ask the same question about making herbal wraps. I stumbled on another site, about these wraps. They used rice because it made moist heat (they used flannel) and used popcorn for another. They implied flax seed had a tendency to ignite if heated to high. This is a question more than a statement. Somebody jump in and set me straight. Thanks, Keeper (03/03/2008)

By keeper60

Making an Herbal Heat Wrap

I make them too. I've put different herbs in them as well as lavender. I love the smell of Basil so used that in mine. (03/04/2008)

By Lady

An orange cat in heat.
How Often Can a Cat be in Heat?
Hot coffee mug on wood table.
Removing Heat Marks from Furniture
Watering Flowers
Helping Your Garden Beat The Heat
Roll of Plastic Wrap
Use Winterizing Plastic As Shrink Wrap
🎄