If you're sizzling in the summer heat, then an ice-lolly is a great way to chill. Why not be inspired too, by your favourite ices and make a permanent lolly badge to pin on a sunhat or bag. It's such a simple activity that all the family can join in and as you only need a few basic items to make a badge; it's a real budget craft, as well.
Approximate Time: 20 minutes plus drying time
- lolly sticks
- white cardstock
- non-toxic glue
- paint brushes
- acrylic paint
- a pencil and ruler
- brooch pin
- Draw two lolly shapes from your cardstock and carefully cut out around the pencil lines.
- Paint each lolly in colours of your choice. Let dry.
- Add some glitter and thin raffia strips to decorate.
- Paint two lolly sticks. When dry, glue each lolly shape to the top of a lolly stick.
- Glue the two sticks together at a slight angle, as shown in the photograph.
- Attach a brooch pin to the wrong side of one of the lolly sticks. Your badge is now ready to wear!
Note: Make more badges using other themes, such as ice cream cones or strawberry sundaes. You can even stamp words such as ice, cool, etc. on your badge using inks.
By Anne from United Kingdom