Making an Inchworm Lollipop

Category Gifts
Making an Inchworm Lollipop
This cute little foam and pom pom inch worm lollipop is a fun gift to make for the children in your life. This is a guide about making an inchworm lollipop.

I wanted to make a small item to put on top of my wrapped gift which is a birthday present for my grandson who turns 3 on Valentine's Day. This is what I came up with.

Approximate Time: 1 hour

Instructions:

Cut strip of foam 1 1/2 inches wide and 2 times the length of lollipop stick.

1. Cut measuring tape 1 1/2 inches longer.
  2. Lay tape in the center of the foam strip and punch a hole every inch. You will have the extra 1 1/2 inches of tape hanging over one end. Do not punch holes in this.
  3. Start at the other end and begin to weave both together onto stick, going in and out of every hole so it looks like ribbon candy. Slide and adjust humps to cover entire length of stick. Then take extra amount of tape and bring it over tip of stick and under body. Twist tie it to the stick. This will keep body from sliding off stick.
  4. Glue eyes and nose onto a large pom pom (size according to fit size of lollipop). Once dry, glue head on top of tape at the end you tucked the tape under.
  5. Slide a piece pf pipe cleaner under stick, behind head and twist tight to secure. These are the inchworm's antennae. You can wrap the pipe cleaner around a pencil to make it curly and glue pom poms on ends.
  6. I wrote this verse and attached it to a foam heart to go with the worm. Feel free to use it:

I am a little inch worm,
    I'm slow to finish and start.
    But I will make a BIG impact,
    As I inch my way to your heart!

By Mary from Palm Coast, FL

Too cute for words, but then we need them to tell you how cute this is!

Hi Poor But Proud! Thank you for your kind compliment and feedback.