Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

contest winner icon

This photo was taken in my backyard. I use nectar feeders to attract hummingbirds. I also have Cape Honeysuckle, Bleedingheart, and other flowers that Hummingbirds enjoy.

This little one perched in my pine tree just long enough to satisfy an itch.

Photographing these fast little birds is easy once you spend some time watching their approach to their source of food. I have found that they will most often approach in the same way, this makes it easy to be ready to snap off a shot!

By Michelle Earle

Answers:

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

Look at the little fella. He's just the cutest! Thank you for posting this for us to see up close. I've seen them but not up close like this.(07/08/2005)

By Michele

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

That is a great picture! (07/08/2005)

By Jan

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

What a funny shot. (07/08/2005)

By Vicki

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

That is a kewl picture!! I watch them at my feeders but never that closeup thanx for sharing, Ruth (07/09/2005)

By

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

AWESOME award-winning picture!!!!!! (07/10/2005)

By Sara

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

Great picture. What kind of camera did you use? (08/02/2005)

By Ruth

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

They are so fast and aggressive. Two were fussing over a feeder, one ran into the window and was knocked out. My sister in law gently picked him up to see if she could help, so I stuck my nose in to see him up close and he awoke and flew right up to my nose and stayed there for a few seconds. It was the most amazing thing that has ever happened to me. There we were beak to nose! Both with eyes wide open in shock! (09/07/2005)

By SHERRYMOUSE

Male Ruby-Throat Hummingbird

How great is that! they are always so fast. I have them perch for awhile, but just like everything else they do, they probably scratch fast as well. I love hummingbirds and think your picture is really cool. Laurie (07/19/2006)

By spinwool

Rufus - Ruby-throated  Hummingbird
Ruby Throated Hummingbird Photos
Two male Persian cats.
Neutered Male Cat Mounting Other Male Cats
A glass hummingbird feeder.
Making a Hummingbird Feeder
HummingbirdFeeder
Protecting a Hummingbird Feeder from Rain
Hummingbird Nest
Identifying a Hummingbird Nest
🎄
🍂