Marked Down Meat

Watch the prices on fresh meat as it gets closer to the sell date. Our supermarket marks the prices down really low. Last week they had chicken legs marked to 29 cents per lb. I bought 20 packages and when I got home I repackaged and labeled them into smaller freezer bags. I will use them in casseroles, soups, barbecuing, etc.

Seeing that the meat had not gone by the expiration date, it still was good. Anything you put in the freezer will only come out as good as it was when it went in. What a buy.

By Joesgirl

Answers:

Re:Marked Down Meat

Grocery stores mark down meat when it gets near its "sell by" date. There is nothing wrong with the meat, the grocery store just needs to move it before the "sell by" date has passed. If you are shopping for tonight's dinner then this meat can be real bargain. If you don't plan on eating the meat quickly, freeze it for future use.

By Fisher

Marked Down Meat

When happening upon a great find like this on chicken. Don't freak out thinking you don't have the freezer space to store all that you'd really like to get. Buy it, take it home and instead of packaging it in smaller packages to freeze, go ahead and bake it, tear it off the bone and then, package it for the freezer. The bagged chicken meat (off the bone) will fit better and in smaller spaces, thus making more room for other things. I've done this before.

Recently my hubby brought home several rotisserie chickens, as the store had them for a reduced price. I immediately took all the meat off the bones and made several bags of chicken for the freezer. It didn't take long and he helped me with the bagging of the meat. It's easier to take cooked chicken off the bone, while the meat is warm, than to try taking it off the bone when cold. Great find, Joesgirl, I've never happened upon that good of a find in the meat dept!. Congratulations! That saying "in the right place at the right time" says it all. (08/31/2006)

By badwater

Marked Down Meat
Porcelain Countertop
Repairing Marks on Porcelain Countertop
Hot Tea
Cooling Down Hot Drinks
Female Bathroom Sign
Finding Bathroom Signs
A stack of soft fluffy down pillows.
Cleaning A Down Pillow
🎄
🍂