Maryland Wedding Locations

Finding the perfect location for your wedding is one of the most important parts of planning for this special day. This is a guide about Maryland wedding locations.

November 17, 2016 Flag

This is a guide about cheap wedding sites in Baltimore, MD. Finding an inexpensive convenient location for your wedding can be a challenge.

The skyline of Baltimore during the day.

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 29, 2016 Flag

I've been looking for venues for my wedding in May 2017, for my amazing fiance and 350 guests. I would have liked to keep it smaller, but it was wasn't doable so now I'm freaking out. Because while I've found some decent places I just haven't really found one I love in our price range. I'd really like to find a place in the D.M.V area for about $2000 or less, maybe more if need be. But I really just want a place with a unique personality and that includes the beauty of nature and a chance to maybe have the the ceremony or reception outside. Please help!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

April 1, 2016 Flag

I am looking for affordable wedding venues in Maryland. The wedding will be next spring. Although we do not have a set budget as of yet, we would like to save as much money as possible while still providing a nice atmosphere for ourselves and our guests. We are willing to travel basically anywhere in Maryland. We just need a location with tables and chairs as food, decorations, etc. will be done ourselves. Please help!

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

September 23, 2006 Flag

I need cheap reception and ceremony sites in Maryland and DC

Lisa from Upper Marlboro, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

I'm so disappointed that there were no responses. I'm in the beginning stages of planning my wedding and I'm just looking for some type of ideas

Did you ever find anything? I'm struggling with the same problem. Everything is so expensive in our area.

I'm getting married in Feb. 2009 and I am having my wedding and reception at Martins Crosswinds. They are pretty reasonable and take the hassle out of the work.

I am planning my wedding for March 2009 and I found that there are some really cheap community centers and the prices are very reasonable expecially if you are a resident. But the space is great and once you put your touch to decorations it can turn out very nice.

October 8, 2010 Flag

I'm planning my wedding in the Baltimore area in September 2011. I need a cheap wedding hall/reception location that includes tables, chairs, etc. We are pretty much doing everything ourselves except the food. I have a private caterer (family friend) so it has to have a full kitchen and allow an outside caterer to come in. I have one place in mind that I found using this site, but I'd like others to compare it to. Thanks so much in advance!

By Meg from Baltimore, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Since I didn't get any feedback...after searching and searching I've found these places, they are pretty much all under $2000 and include tables and chairs, most allow you to bring in your own caterer.

Baldwin Hall

Kahler Hall

The Other Barn

The Meeting House

Historic Oakland

Quiet Waters Park

Liriodendron Mansion- a little farther out

Historic Oakland

Kittamaqundi community church

Boordy Vineyards

Westminster Hall- but it's located in Baltimore

That is all I can remember off the top of my head, I have a few more I've found but I'll have to post them later, hope this helps anyone.

Thank you for posting this list of possibly venues. I also am living in Baltimore and planning a wedding. What place did you end up choosing. I am orginally from Delaware. I am trying to find something that is in between Maryland and Delaware. It isn't easy. Congratulations on the wedding.

January 17, 2012 Flag

I live just outside of Annapolis and need a place to hold the wedding and reception. The wedding is in 2 years and I have a budget of preferably under $3000 but no more than $5000. It's not like money laying around to spend so I have to save up. I want to be able to have drinking there as well, so churches are out of the question. I did try the local American Legion and the price was about right so it may be held there. But I want other places I can look over at. I have a party of no more than 100 people so the facility must accommodate that. As far as food it can be prepared by the site or I can bring my own. I prefer on site with people to clean up lol.

By goneplumcrazy from Crownsville, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My sister and I didn't want the usual kind of reception so this is what we did. She had her reception in a mansion. Being in a college town, the college owned several mansion size homes that they used for their own receptions/parties. You may want to contact a college near you and see if they will rent out. She also used their catering, hired a piano player and had a beautiful, romantic reception. The guests could walk around the lovely home and mingle instead of being stuck in a chair.

I had my reception in an old downtown business building. The businesses were located around the perimeter of the building and the inner part was like a big empty room opened to the third floor. The reception was on a Saturday when the businesses were closed. I had it privately catered with organic food only, simple music, and tables that seated only four people. Both these places allowed alcohol. We also had our weddings early in the day (11:00 am and 2pm) which allowed for us to celebrate all day, our guests didn't get intoxicated (didn't have to worry about anyone driving home), no one had to get hotels rooms, and grandparents didn't have to leave early because they were too tired.

It's just another take on what you can do with a wedding. My husband and I went and had pictures taken at a beautiful park, opened our gifts back at my moms house with relatives around, and had reservations on a riverboat restaurant for dinner that night that we went with our wedding attire on and received drinks on the house. It was a wonderful, long day.

May 30, 2007 Flag

Does anyone know of inexpensive places and ways to have weddings in or around Laurel, MD?

Melissa from Laurel, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Hi. I can't think of anywhere except for maybe you could scout out a pretty park with picnic benches, barbeque grills. Maybe the lake in Bowie?

I was at Sandbridge Beach just below Virginia Beach fishing with my fiance, and a couple got married on the beach at sunset under an arbor decorated with white net material and a few flowers. It seemed like the group enjoyed a nice day before the wedding in the group picnic area.

Why don't you look around at all the parks with shade coverings? Although it will get hot soon, so you may need a fire hall or a knights of columbus hall. Have fun! It's not worth going into debt! Maybe a local church will let you use their all purpose room. Go for it! Barbara

How about checking a few churches or the church you may have the wedding at? Many churches have fellowship halls and let you use them for the event. Don't have a big dinner, go for a lunch type, perhaps. Not sure what else to suggest to you. Sorry but Best of Luck to you and your fiance.

November 23, 2010 Flag

I am looking for a wedding and reception site, preferably on the water, with catering available at the venue. It is going to be a small wedding of 60 people and we would only like to spend around $75 a person to include the site as well. So basically maybe $5 to $7 thousand. If you have any suggestions all is very much appreciated. Thank you!

By Patricia from Bel Air, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

My daughter and son-in-law had a beautiful wedding at Greenwell State Park. It has a historical house, beautiful gardens and view out to the St Mary's River or maybe it is the Chesapeake bay, not sure.

July 14, 2009 Flag

I am getting married on June 12th, 2010. I am looking for a pretty place, but not too expensive, as my fiance and I have to pay for the wedding. My guest list is very small, since I wanted to have just my closest family and friends, there are only 45.

If I could receive any help on locations around Rockville or Germantown, MD in which the locale, chairs, and tables were given with a reasonable price I would really appreciate it. We want to have a buffet, not a caterer. Thank you.

By cubanaza05 from Rockville, MD

AnswerWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes

Most parks can be used free of charge, but chairs,etc. won't be furnished. The park weddings that I have driven by, the guests have been standing. Call your local park department and inquire about it and check out the various parks. If you decide to do a park wedding reserve the area of the park really early. I know here they start taking reservations for various things about a year ahead of time. At a park, I imagine you could use as many picnic tables as you would need for a reception.

April 22, 2010 Flag

Where can I find a nice place to have a wedding ceremony and reception in the same area/place for a price of $1000 to $2000 in Maryland or DC?

Shenise from Hyattsville, MD

Answers:

Wedding and Reception Locations in Maryland

This is going to be tough in our area because of the high incomes here, but some choices for you might be to look at some parks local close to you, churches with fellowship halls, or getting married at home if that is an option available.

Small hors d'oeuvres, finger sandwiches and cake are wonderful options for a tea time (2 to 3 PM time frame) wedding and would be very elegant! Another option is to have the people that are most important to you at your wedding, sometimes small and intimate is best. Have a dinner at a local restaurant and then have a barbecue to celebrate your nuptials at a later date.

Most people understand the cost of a wedding. In our case, the only person who really didn't understand the costs associated with the day was the mother of the groom. I finally had to get tough with her and told her if she wanted more than we could do, she would have to pay for her guests. I never heard another word. My daughter was happy because she wanted the focus on her and her hubby, not standing in a receiving line meeting people she didn't know. (02/11/2009)

By THE IslandGirl

I'd definitely try church halls; they are often rented out cheaper than standard reception halls. Some often have gymnasiums that they'll rent out too (also by the church). Our minister often marries individuals who are not members and allows them to use our hall for their reception.

Noon or early afternoon weddings are big around here; no dinner is served--just cake, nuts, mints, and maybe cookies. Punch is served, but no alcohol. A large fruit salad is also a nice addition. (02/11/2009)

By susanmajp

CommentWas this helpful?Helpful? Yes
Weddings PlanningFebruary 24, 2014
Plant wedding favors.
Giving Plants as Wedding Favors
A married couple in a moutain setting.
Ideas for a "Green" Wedding
Colorful Bridal Bouquets
Choosing Wedding Colors
Cheap Wedding Sites in Baltimore, MD
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 15, 2017 at 5:26:37 PM on 10.0.2.236 in 7 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.