Meatball Sandwich Casserole with Three Cheeses

This is a casserole with garlic toast around the side and meatballs and three different kinds of cheeses on the inside with sauce. The garlic bread stands up at an angle around the casserole, keeping the meatballs towards the middle of the casserole.

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

2. Place bag of meatballs in pot where you have poured in the spaghetti or marinara sauce.

3. Cook over medium heat until warmed completely through, about 10 minutes. Stir in order to keep the meatballs from adhering to the pot. Remove from heat when heated through.

4. Place meatballs in the center of a 9x13 inch baking dish. Layer mozzarella and Italian blend cheeses over meatballs topping off with the Parmesan.

5. The bread slices will be standing up in the pan. You can leave them plain or flavor them. I butter or olive oil and garlic the bread before I put them around the pan. It is even good without butter or garlic.

Take the slices of Italian bread and line the sides of the pan all the way around with them so that they are kind of keeping the meatballs toward the center of the pan. They are standing up like wings.

6. Ad
  7. Place in oven and bake for approximately 25 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly. Remove from oven and enjoy!

I saw this on Facebook and my daughter in law made it for dinner the other night. Is was delicious. I will be making this often. So good!