Vote for this contest contender!
These meatball subs were a family favorite when I was growing up. On our birthdays, we choose a meal for other family members to prepare. Most of the time my choice is meatball subs. For under $10, you can feed 2-3 people. They are easy to make and taste delicious!
Prep Time: 10 minutes (5 mins before frying and 5 mins before baking)
Cook Time: 20 minutes to cook meatballs (or until not pink in the middle) and 10 minutes in the oven
Total Time: 40 minutes
Yield: 3 subs
- 3 hotdog buns
- 9-12 Tbsp pasta sauce
- 3/4 -1 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 lb ground beef
- Roll the ground beef into little balls. Just for an idea of how big to make them, mine weighed between 1.5 and 2 ounces each.
- After you cook the meatballs, lay them on paper towels to absorb the grease.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Place hot dog buns in an oven pan. Put three meatballs in each one. You can use cooking spray if you want. My subs have never stuck to the pan without it.
- Add 3-4 tbsps. pasta sauce on each sub. Sometimes one tbsp. per meatball will work, but an extra one per sub makes them juicier.
- Add 1/4 to 1/2 of a cup of mozzarella cheese on each sub.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Bake uncovered for 8-10 minutes. You just need long enough to melt the cheese, heat the sauce, and brown the buns. These are tasty by themselves, but a side of smiley fries goes nicely with them too. As for leftovers, it's best to refrigerate only the cooked meatballs and make new sandwiches the next day. This way the buns won't become soggy.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
You are viewing the desktop version of this page: View Mobile Site
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on March 24, 2017 at 8:50:55 PM on 10.0.1.213 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us