Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I washed and dried a load of whites with a purple crayon. Any ideas how to get the crayon stains out?

Kandy from Phoenix

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Full load of darks washed and dried with brown and red crayon - thought it was a TOTAL loss. For the dryer (which was a lovely shade of pink) tried Mr. Clean's magic eraser, but it didn't work so I tried Soft Scrub . . . success! For the laundry, the 21 Mule Borax in hot water on the longest cycle, worked like magic. Thanks for all of the tips! (08/27/2006)

By Beach

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Thanks Trisha, Steffanie, and "beach"! I soaked our jeans in hot water, laundry detergent, and Borax, and then washed them normally and the clothes are spotless! Also, the toothpaste in the dryer worked for me. And everyone: thank you for the warnings about mixing oxiclean with bleach! (09/06/2006)

By Alison

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I used 20 mule borax. I the washed clothes in hot water and let them soak for about 20 minutes. The clothes still had little spots of crayon here and there so I wash them again and the turned out great. THANKS (09/11/2006)

By jay

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Tip on removing the crayon from the dryer drum:

Take a bunch of old towls and soak them in water and then throw them in the dryer and run it on the hottest setting.

If this doesn't work take WD-40 and Clorox Cleanup and scrub the drumb then run a load of old wet towls through again. (09/28/2006)

By ross

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I used hot water in my washing machine to get crayon off of clothes that got put in the dryer. Gain laundry detergent (2 Xs) the regular amount. I also put a full cup of Shout in the washer with hot water and all of the clothes came out clean! What a LIFE SAVER! (11/01/2006)

By Camille

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I washed and dried a whole load of dark clothes (some of them new) and later discovered that a red crayon was in with the wash. I was desparate so I went online. Thank you for the information. I got some Cold Water Tide and used the maximum recommended amount along with a cup of Shout in hot water. Everything came out perfect. Thanks for the information. Even my dry cleaners didn't know what to do. (11/06/2006)

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Try Baking Soda (8 oz) mixed with detergent and wash with hot water on longest setting. I did this twice and it worked. (11/09/2006)

By Valerie

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

So, yeah, the OXY ORANGE, Double DREFT & BLEACH trick worked. I also soaked them for an hour or so, and washed in HOT water. :) Thanks so much guys! (10/23/2007)

By tina

Recipe for Melted Crayon on Clothing Disaster!

I have 5 kids and I never knew what to do this has been going on for years at our home and all the clothes ended up in the trash. After reading this website I did my own concoction (sp).

I put in 1 cup each....
any detergent ( I used the cheapest I could find at Wal-Mart)
Oxy Clean ( also used a generic version)
White Vinegar

I washed everything in hot water and let it soak for about an hour. I rinsed with warm water. Everything came out! I washed the clothes only once!

For the dryer I found this method to work best take your kitchen dish rag get it wet and put on a generous amount of liquid dish detergent and throw it in the dryer for 5 minutes.

(b)(/b)(b)(/b)(b)(/b)(b)(/b) (10/29/2007)

By Shannon Mee

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

WOW! I'm SO glad I googled how to remove melted crayon on dried clothing!! I washed a load of my teenage daughter's school uniform pants last night, and tossed them in the dryer last night as well. When I unloaded the dryer this morning, I found large splotches of orange, yellow, white and blue crayon on EVERYTHING! I was not happy at all. I was all prepared to go out and spend a couple hundred dollars on new uniform pants for her, then I thought I would google it and see if there were any suggestions and I found this site! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THE SUGGESTIONS! I already knew how to clean the crayon out of my new dryer, and thanks to the suggestion of
1c. detergent (I used Gain powder)
1c. Oxyclean
1c. white vinegar
1c. Shout
Let soak in hot water for an hour, then wash....ALL THE STAINS CAME OUT! My daughter was really happy too, because I was REALLY upset with her. Thanks again for this amazing site and for the suggestions!! You saved my day, my sanity and my credit cards and bank account! (12/01/2007)

By Rhodesgemini

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

While doing laundry today I pull all our brand new christmas clothes out of the dryer and find them to be covered in red and blue crayon. After feeling a little hopeless I got online to try and find a solution. I found the one with the oxy clean and vinegar but I had none of the ingredients so I decided to try something else to soak them in till I got back from the store. To my suprise it worked. All I used was very hot water with 1/2 a cup of LA's Totally Awesome. This was an extremely cheap fix. You can find this cleaner at any Dollar General store for only a couple of bucks. (01/10/2008)

By hotrodgirl07

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat