Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

How do you get melted crayon out of clothing?

By Donna from Bristol, VA

Answers:

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Try to put ice on it and the peel it off. (11/20/2010)

By Dobbyjack

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I too found a dryer full of jeans and two new work shirts smothered with blue crayon! I tried the Tide/Oxyclean with borax recipe. Instead of Clorox2 I used Vivid and instead of Shout I used Zout. I also used about 6 Shout Color Catchers which absorbed much of the dye. As my work shirts were a lighter cotton I pre-sprayed as much as possible with the Oxiclean blue bottle. I also had to scrub/scrape the worst spots on those. I agitated repeatedly and soaked overnight. I am amazed that the crayon is gone! Thank you to whomever created this recipe. (11/29/2010)

By mcfull

RE: Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

The crayon-free shirt! (11/29/2010)

By mcfull

RE: Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I used:

• 1 cup liquid Shout
  • 1 cup powdered Oxiclean
  • 1/2 cup borax
  • 1 cup white vinegar
  • ALL laundry detergent

I soaked the clothes in hot water in the washing machine and it came out perfectly! My entire load of my boys' blue jeans was saved from the red crayon. (12/09/2010)

By skstank

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I was so optimistic after reading these posts, but alas after 12 hours of working on 2 loads of laundry and $40 later, I am throwing out almost all the clothing items affected by an orange crayon that made it through the washer and dryer. The second load was only in the dryer for a few minutes until I found the crayon marks on the first load of clothing. Yes, I did try borax, Tide, Oxiclean, vinegar, multiple spot removers, Dawn dish soap, hot water, presoaking, etc. Ridiculous! I would have felt better if I would have thrown out all the clothes last night. I have no idea how these tricks worked for others. Next time, I'm tossing everything. (12/12/2010)

By jennyhath

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I opened my dryer and to my horror there was green crayon melted all over my kids clothes. This is what I did to get it out and it work!

Before washing I pretreated stains with Zout (off brand Shout). I just sprayed and brushed it in. Then I did a hot prewash using Thirsties cloth diaper prewash (I'm sure any prewash like Clorox 2 would work, I cloth diaper so I had it handy). Warm rinse.
*This step alone got out the lighter stains.

To wash:

• hot water wash/warm water rinse
  • 2 scoops of Rockin Green Detergent (although a cap of your fave detergent would be fine, I'm sure).
  • 1 cap Oxiclean Max Force Power Gel
  • 1/2 cup 20 Mule Team Borax
  • 1 cup Zout (off brand Shout)
  • 1 cup white vinegar

I let the wash cycle start and then turned the washer off and let the clothes soak for 30 minutes before restarting the washer. It worked and I'm very excited! Good luck!
(12/13/2010)

By stacie7777

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I just pulled all of the clothes out of the dryer. It worked great, the only thing that did not come out was green on the white stripe of nylon basketball shorts.
(01/10/2011)

By Anonymous

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
🎉
🎄