Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

My 5 year old left a brown crayon in one of her pockets. I didn't check her pockets, and when I washed and dried that load of clothes it melted to the side of my dryer. I got it off the inside of the dryer, but it stained several items of clothing in that load.

I need to know how to get it out of the clothes. I really don't want to have to make dust rags out of all of them. Thanks in advance.

By Tammy from Shelby, NC

Answers:

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

I remember my mother getting candle wax out of a table cloth when I was younger. She used brown paper. She put the brown paper over the tablecloth where the wax was and ironed it out. The iron must not steam. The heat melted the wax and the brown paper absorbed it. This she repeated till all the wax was out. (01/15/2010)

By Kleinelly

Melted Crayon Dried on Clothing

You can remove the crayon easily with Lestoil. Saturate every spot with Lestoil and leave to soak for at least 6 hours. Wash in hot water and detergent. The spots will be gone. (01/16/2010)

By katnsanderson

Removing Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes, Man removing clothes from the dryer.
Cleaning Melted Crayon from Dried Clothes
Girl drawing with crayons on microfiber.
Removing Crayon From Microfiber
Making Crayon Rolls
Making Crayon Rolls
Picture of crayon stains on a dryer door.
Cleaning Crayon Out of a Dryer
Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
🎄