Melted Crayons Off Car Seat

My children left a crayon on the back seat of my car. Neither one of them have admitted guilt. It melted. It is a neon green color. It doesn't match too well to the grey fabric seats. Anyone have a suggestion on how I could remove this stain without replacing the seats? The car isn't even a year old yet.

Laura Lange

Iron it Off

The best way I've found to get out wax or crayon stains is to use the iron. If you can get your iron out to the car, place an old clean rag on the crayon and iron over it on a medium (or low) setting. It works every time, also good to get candle drippings off of tablecloths or carpeting!

Good Luck! (07/29/2005)

By Madelynnsmama

Goo Gone

The same happened to me. I used Goo Gone. It took out 99% of the stain. I'm sold on it. (08/16/2005)

By Signe

As a single father I have found a way of using an iron! I just put a damp rag over the crayon and iron over it! Most of it comes out (07/21/2006)

By Dean

Photo of melted yellow crayon on a car seat.
Cleaning Melted Crayons Off a Car Seat
Childs Car Seat
Decorating a Child's Car Seat
Making recycled letter crayons.
Making Recycled Crayons
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons, Uses for Old Crayons
Uses for Old Crayons
Craft Ideas Using Recycled Crayons