Menu Ideas for a Masquerade Party

I need menu ideas for a masquerade party.

Roberta from Virginia

Menu Ideas for a Masquerade Party

I'm not sure if you mean a Halloween-type of menu, but if you do I have a couple of tested recipes for party appetizers. I always get great reviews.

Deviled Eye-balls:

1. Prepare hard-boiled eggs.
  2. A few minutes before the end of the cooking time, carefully remove the eggs from the hot water and roll them on a hard surface to crackle to shell (not too hard, but just enough to give an even crackle effect). They will be hot, so use a clean hand towel to handle eggs.
  3. Add red food coloring to the hot water (enough to give it a very dark hue, too little and you will have pink instead of red colored eggs). Make sure to keep the water boiling.
  4. Carefully place the cracked eggs back into the water and resume boiling.
  5. When the eggs are done remove from the water and cool.
  6. Prepare deviled eggs normally.
  7. Use a piece of black olive for the center.
  8. They will appear like blood shot eyeballs.

1. Use Pillsbury crescent rolls and cubed cheese of your choice.
  2. To roll, lay the triangular piece of dough flat, on the shortest side place 2 cubes of cheese (along the center line).
  3. Pull the sides of dough together so the cheese is poking out of the top.
  4. Form the remaining dough into a cone around the cheese.
  5. Starting from the point, roll the dough toward the cheese in the shape of a snail.
  6. Cook per package directions.
  7. The cheese will melt out during baking and appear snail-like with the bread "shell".
Lady fingers:
  1. Prepare your favorite meatball recipe.
  2. Before cooking, roll the meatball into long finger-like shapes.
  3. Place a sliced almond at the end of each "finger".
  4. Bake per your favorite recipe.
  5. Arrange on a tray, and drizzle with sweet and sour sauce (add red food coloring to sauce for a greater gore factor).

Menu Ideas for a Masquerade Party

Oh, I would have silver dishes piled with pears and grapes dusted with powdered sugar. Cream puffs for desert are as elegant as fairy cakes. Try Quiche, croissants and souffle. Okay, this is getting very French. Maybe BBQ chicken would fit in. Maybe, biscotti or empanadas. Try a sparkling cider punch in a huge bowl with floating rose flowers in it. You could make pumpkin soup with white pumpkin and pine nuts. I would get a big bunch of cook books from the library if I were you. Have fun!

Gloria (10/06/2006)

By may-fairy

Menu Ideas for a Masquerade Party
Girls at Masquerade Party
Masquerade Party Ideas
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party
Mardi Gras Masquerade Party Ideas
Making a Dinner Menu Board
Making a Dinner Menu Board
Masquerade masks at   a masquerade ball.
Masquerade Ball Decoration Ideas