Message of Love Valentine Card
This Valentine's Day, make your sweetheart a card with Cupid as the focus point of the card. As the symbol widely associated with love and affection, this Cupid will make sure that your message of love won't be lost!
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: one card
- 11.2 x 5.5 in red cardstock
- A6 sized ordinary white printer paper
- 2 white heart-shaped paper doilies sized 5.2" x 5.2"
- 2 red feathers
- 18 pearl flat-sided rhinestone flowers
- 12 small 3D self-adhesive foam squares
- pair of 5 mm wiggle eyes
- teaspoonful of sesame seeds
- flesh colored acrylic paint
- black and red felt-tip pens
- standard scissors
- clear-drying craft glue (such as Bostik Clear)
- Score the red cardstock to create a card sized 5.5" x 5.5".
- With the fold at the top, centre and glue one of the paper doilies to the front of the card.
- Draw a circle with a diameter of 1.4" on the piece of white printer paper. Paint the circle with the flesh paint, allow to dry and cut it out.
- From the second doily cut a heart that will be Cupid's body. Unless your doily contains an imbedded heart at the bottom like the one on the doily I used, you will have to cut your own heart with a size of 2.1" x 2.1".
- Glue Cupid's face to the card, and the red feathers below the face to add the wings.
- Add the 3D foam squares to the back of the smaller heart, and then add this heart to the card.
Related Content(article continues below)
- Use the rhinestone flowers to decorate Cupid's body.
- Use glue and sesame seeds to add Cupid's hair, and glue the wiggle eyes in place.
- Use the black pen to add nostrils and a mouth, and draw heart-shaped cheeks with the red pen. Whoo-hoo! Cupid is ready to spread some love!
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!
In This Article
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by ThriftyFun
generated on January 17, 2017 at 10:28:12 AM on 10.0.2.62 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer
. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us