Mice Repellent Recipes

Discouraging rodents from coming into your home, car or garden is the goal. This guide contains mice repellent recipes.

A mouse on the counter.

Question: Mice Repellent Recipes

Tips and recipes for repelling mice. Post your ideas.

AnswerWas this helpful? Yes

Best Answers

By guest (Guest Post) Flag

If you're going to use a live trap, you need to get the Havaheart brand (not sure if I spelled the brand correctly) trap that is made of metal. It would keep your pets from getting the mice once it has sprung and it actually works! I have rid my house of mice this way. It is difficult to set up sometimes because it is VERY sensitive so you end up accidently tripping it yourself but that's why it works so well - it only takes the slightly mouse touch to set it off and there are catches to make sure the mouse cannot work it's way out. It is an expensive live trap ($35 or so) but it works and you don't have to worry about mice with broken backs that are still alive in the kill traps (that's happen to me and I can't handle it). Hope this helps!

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Senbella 1 Flag

This worked just by sheer coincidence. Mice invaded my work office and my drawers were the only ones that were mice free. I drink STASH Black Chai Tea and had several bags in my desk drawer. The ingredients are cinnamon, ginger root, cinnamon oil, clove oil, all spice, nutmeg, and cardamom oil.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Star 1 Flag

I just started having a mouse problem this week I contacted our landlord and they are using traps. I would rather not use them. I did a little research and found Fresh Cab for mice and rat control. It's all natural, non-toxic and pet friendly. You place these little baggies in corners and areas where the mice walk. The scent of the herbs deter them. I found out that the container store carries it so in the morning I'm gonna go down there and use the little baggies to my hearts content. No more mice! Hopefully. :)

I'd rather not deal with their dead bodies. Don't want my little pug to eat them. Don't want to smell a corpse rotting in between my walls or floor boards. By the way, the fresh cab company uses soy based inks, they employee handicapped individuals, they have a 100% guarantee and all their materials are earth friendly. If this works I'll be in heaven. :)

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Lisa Labar H. 1 Flag

I can't believe how cruel some of you people are. Mice do not know they are invading your home. They just want to keep warm and are hungry and thirsty. If mankind didn't take away all the wilderness, mice would have their own place to live.

Anyhow, I use humane traps and release them at a local wilderness park and to deter them from coming back I make a concoction of cinnamon oil, cinnamon, clove oil, cayene pepper and put it in a bowl with a fabric softener sheet in it. I place a couple of these bowls in everyroom and where mice may go. It does work and it's not cruel.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Home and Garden Pest Control MiceMay 21, 2013
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Two kids standing in the rain wearing colorful rain boots.
Making Fabric Water Repellent
Spider on web with dew drops on it.
Spider Repellent Recipes
Ant Repellent
Ant Repellent Reviews
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 10:37:15 AM on 10.0.2.252 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings