Microfiber Furniture Advice

I am thinking about buying a camel colored microfiber couch and love-seat. What about

stains? We have 4 children. I heard it stains easily? We don't eat on our furniture.

What about oils from our body/feet?

Ruth from Maumee, OH

Answers:

Microfiber Furniture Advice

What does your furniture sales guy say about stains? I've had a camel colored microfiber

for 5 years now and I love it. I got it because I have two Cocker Spaniels who are

allowed on the furniture, as they are really inside dogs. There's never been anything

that didn't wipe right off. Once in a while I'll take the cushions off the seat part and

toss them in the wash. I think I've done that maybe 3 times total. I recommend them.

(11/08/2006)

By profile=thr884280">CarlaJS

Microfiber Furniture Advice

I have had a red microfiber set for two years now and love it! I have a dog and a cat

who get on it constantly and, occasionally, have an accident on it. It is a breeze to

clean up with regular upholstery cleaner. I would recommend microfiber furniture to

anybody. (11/10/2006)

By profile=thr572551">tedsmom

Microfiber Furniture Advice

I have had a red, microfiber club chair in my family room as an accent piece for about 2

years now. Now we don't have small children so stains haven't been a major problem, but

any stains from accidental spills and splashes have wiped right up with a clean cloth

and a little soap and water. I do have cats and a wipe with a wet paper towel picks up

the cat hair easily. I love this piece and to me, it's been so easy to care for.

Personally, I love the microfiber! (11/10/2006)

By profile=thr908985">mef1957

Microfiber Furniture Advice

If you have kids don't buy this furniture. Just body oil alone leaves stains. It looks

really dark and dingy. It is not worth it. If your husband's head sweats it will leave

oil from your scalp on the top of the back from resting your head. I do not recommend.

(04/24/2007)

Microfiber Furniture Advice

I have a red microfiber couch now for 1 year I kept it covered with a red flat sheet for

the first 6 months which kept it flawless of course, but it was ugly to look at. I have

since kept it uncovered. My cat has peed on it a few times. I just unzip the cushion

cover and threw it in the wash. It hasn't faded yet. The cotton absorbs some of the pee

which you need to cut out. I haven't had any major spills on it besides cat pee. It

doesn't smell at all and still looks like new as long as I keep washing the seat cushion

covers. (05/29/2007)

By Emy

Microfiber Furniture Advice

It's horrible; I have one child and and it's a pain to kept clean. You can get food and

stains out, but it's leaves very noticeable water marks. I have a camel colored loveseat

and I wish I had never gotten the microfiber material. The guy at the store said it was

great for kids in the house and it was easy to clean and durable. My advice is don't buy

it! (07/16/2007)

By Steph

Microfiber Furniture Advice

I have a very light cream sofa and I find that alcohol 96 gets most stains out. All you

need to do is pat it on with a piece of cotton wool. Be sure to test it in a small area

first to see if the color fades. (07/24/2007)

By Gary

Microfiber Furniture Advice

My husband and I just bought our second set of microfiber furniture and we love it! We

had the first set for 9 years (we actually moved it to another room, it still looks

great). And yes, we have kids. (01/09/2008)

By Michelle

Microfiber Furniture Advice

So a few days ago my two year old son Connor poured his soy milk all over my love seat.

I got on this web site and took someones advice and used normal everyday soap and water,

back to normal. My living room is still clean and fresh and so is my furniture.

(01/20/2008)

By Stephanie

Microfiber Furniture Advice

I find that baby wipes do the best at taking out most stains (and don't leave water

marks). Anyone ever had theirs professionally cleaned? (06/28/2008)

By Ali

Microfiber Furniture Advice

We've had our set for a year now. I cleaned it myself about 3 months ago and with a 2 yr

old. It's about time to do it again. It looked brand new when I did it my self a few

months ago. I took each cushion off and used a shampooer on them. It's an Electrolux

shampooer. Then I used one of the scrubbers with bristles to do the attached cushions.

If you don't have a shampooer just fill a bucket with warm water and a little shampooer

soap use a bristle brush and gently scrub all of the cushions. Make sure to do the whole

cushion so no water lines show. It took a whole night to dry, but it looked just like

new in the morning! My fiance was shocked! (09/21/2008)

By Sharon

Microfiber Furniture Advice

Three weeks after I got my microfiber sectional my 3yr old used a Sharpie pen on it and

I used plain water and a wet rag and very little soap. I rinsed it and then dried it and it

came right out. You still can't see it a year later. I have 5 kids and 4 of them are

boys I love my couch and everything seems to come off of it; they haven't ruined it yet.

(12/17/2008)

By Jenise

Microfiber Furniture Advice

We are in the process of purchasing a microfiber couch and I thought I would pass along

what the salesman told us.
He said that no material is stain proof, but that microfiber is naturally stain

resistant. He said that any kind of stain resistant coating that people might try to

sell you would actually make the couch worse because it would never dry and that if they

sell you some kind of coating on it they probably don't even do anything to it, just

take your $80. He said they use baby wipes to clean their showroom couches and have never

had any problems with that. We'll have to try that out and see if it works.

Good luck with your purchases! (01/30/2009)

By Julia

Microfiber Furniture Advice

I have a 3 piece, microfiber sectional and I also work for a company that handles warranty

issues of furniture, the best way to protect your microfiber is to not get any type of

protection put on it at the time of the purchase (even if the sales person insist it will

cover it and repel). This is not true, to maintain the furniture, vacuum it about once a

month or twice if needed, and then as part of normal maintenance get it professionally

cleaned. This will ensure the right chemicals are used and prevents the material from

shrinking or wrinkling. By the way if you take the covers off and put them in the wash

this may void any warranties that you have on the furniture, and also could cause the

cushion covers to shrink or become misshapen. The water may make the material lose

it's softness. You are better off opting to not have anything put on there to "protect

it" vacuum once a week with a brush attachment, and when you do get a spill wipe up

right away because typically does not soak in right away naturally because of the

material. If you can still see some type of a spill that has dried up, it generally

flakes off and when you vacuum the brush attachment will generally remove it.

(03/13/2009)

By Veego

Microfiber Couch
Microfiber Furniture Advice
red putty egg
Removing Silly Putty Stains from Microfiber
Brown microfiber couch.
Cleaning Microfiber Furniture
Red Wine
Removing Red Wine Stains from Microfiber
Boxer on White Microfiber Couch
Removing Pet Hair from Microfiber
🎄