Microwave Coffee Mug Cake Using Cake Mix

About a year ago there was a recipe here for a cake made in a coffee mug. Cake (or brownie) mix and some other ingredients were combined in a mug then microwaved. I lost the recipe. I checked through the recipe archive, but couldn't find it. I probably had the wrong recipe name. Does anyone still have it? It is not the one that was posted last week, this one used a store bought mix. Thanks.

Peanut from South Norfolk, VA

This might be the one you are looking for:

thriftyfun.com (08/15/2008)

By lewis_admin

There is a website that is called: cdkitchen.com and type in mug cakes. (08/15/2008)

By Denise

Chocolate Cake in 5 minutes

• 4 tablespoons cake flour
  • 4 tablespoons sugar
  • 2 tablespoons cocoa
  • egg
  • 3 tablespoons milk
  • 3 tablespoons oil
  • 1 Mug

Mix flour, sugar, and cocoa. Spoon in 1 egg. Pour in milk and oil and mix well. Put in microwave for 3 minutes on maximum power. (1000watt) Wait until it stops rising and sets in the mug. Tip contents out of mug onto saucer and enjoy.

By Orangeville Sue

I used a recipe that called for 4 mini MilkyWay bars, but used a small amount of time, at a time, to make sure it doesn't boil over or "cobalt". Google: cake in a mug . There's a lot of them. (08/15/2008)

By melody_yesterday

I just made one using chocolate cake mix. I threw in a few roasted pecans before putting in the micro, and it was very good. I have also made them putting in a bit of jam before cooking, just swirling it around a little and they are good, too. (08/15/2008)

By lavonneann

Microwave Coffee Mug Cakes

Recently, there was a woman on Rachael Ray. Her name was Stacy Miller, she just finished publishing her new cookbook, 101 Recipes Micro Mug cakes. Thought you might be interested.

Jeanne from Long Island, NY

By Jeanne

Chocolate Mug Cake
Coffee Mug Cake Recipes
A carved turkey breast.
Cooking a Turkey Breast in the Microwave
Coffee Mug Jam
Making Coffee Mug Jam
DIY Sharpie Mug
Chocolate mug cake garnished with a sliced strawberry
Five Minute Chocolate Mug Cake