Microwaving Potatoes

I have a very simple tip for microwave, baked potatoes that I discovered quite by accident.

My first discovery was to cut the ends off the potato before placing it in the microwave. The potato cooks faster and every bit of it can be eaten, there is no tough as nails ends to hard to be eaten.

My second discovery totally caught me by surprise. Instead of using a knife or fork to pierce the potato before microwaving, I now use a potato peeler.

There is no physical effort needed to puncture the potato and it can be done in a couple of seconds. Not only does it puncture the potato, but it punctures it completely through.

I no longer have to be cautious of cutting myself with a knife trying to puncture a potato.

By CaroleeRose from Madison, Alabama

Answers:

Microwaving Potatoes

An even better way to microwave potatoes with NO waste(cutting off ends) is to wrap them in plastic wrap, set time, check for tenderness after a bit, let the steam do the work, don't even need to poke holes. These are the best quick way for baked potatoes. (03/25/2010)

By lindag82

Microwaving Baked Potatoes
Freezing Potatoes, Potatoes on white background
Freezing Potatoes
Mashed potatoes with melting butter on top.
Fixing Runny Mashed Potatoes
sliced sweet potato
Recipes Using Yams (Sweet Potatoes)
growing sweet potatoes
Growing Sweet Potatoes
🎉
🎄