Military Ball Theme Ideas

I'm in JROTC and every year we have a Military Ball. This year we are having it in March and I can't think of a cool theme except St. Patrick's day. Can someone help me?

Ellie from Coker, AL

Answers:

Military Ball Theme Ideas

My name is Andy, and I happen to be chairperson of our decorations committee and lo and behold; I get to pick the theme.

My advice is to look not just at the nearby holidays, but also times of year (in your case, spring) and recent fads (movies, songs, etc.) and base it around those concepts. Start thinking specifically how you would want your personal perfect ball, discuss it with others and form up your design templates.

The best thing you can do is make several general suggestions and bring it before other people. The more brains you have, the more ideas you'll get. Also, look at the color scheme of the place you have to work with, that could help push you in the right direction. Hope it goes well, good luck! (11/13/2008)

By Andrada

Military Ball Theme Ideas

How about...Marching! Seriously, how about spring? Or, since it rains some, how about an undersea theme? Or you could forget that it's March and pick a theme that is unrelated?

(11/13/2008)

By kimhis

Military Ball Theme Ideas

How about "March of Progress" celebrating the armed forces through the years? (11/13/2008)

By chriself

Military Ball Theme Ideas

How about Julius Caesar and the Ides of March? (11/16/2008)

By mklema92658

Military Ball Theme Ideas

Our military ball idea last year was Midnight Rose, and the year before it was A Night in Paris. This year I'm in charge as well as in the past, and am trying to think up some answers as well. I would also suggest that you try and go onto stumpsprom, on line. It's a magazine for dance themes and what not, as well as favors. We're a navy school. (01/07/2009)

By Lieutenant M

Military Ball Theme Ideas

Lt. M,

As for ideas for the military ball- my son's JROTC is also in March. I'm not sure what part of Alabama you are in but one of the themes which I suggested to the cadets was Tropical Nights. I thought of this theme because: we are in Florida, its spring time and will be nearly time for spring break. Being that you are in the Navy - it may be an idea- match it with a beach of white sand- (which you can almost make from white tablecloths or sheets). Use tropical flowers and candlelight for the tables, along with champagne glasses, etc.

But above all stay in cost, (don't over spend) ask your Navy Parents Support Group to assist you. Being president of my son's JROTC parent support group I find parents who are willing to assist, have talent, and though they don't have much time are willing to assist anyway that they can.

Good luck to you and your school- and hopefully we will meet each and all who read this post at Nationals this spring in Daytona Beach. Its a GREAT event just to watch, and even more an honor to be able to participate in. (01/28/2009)

By ArmyMom92

Military Ball Theme Ideas

One popular theme is a Decades dance. You could decorate for the 50's, 60's, 70's, or 80's using old records, plastic bead curtains, or disco balls. If it's allowed in the rules, you could have everyone come in costume. Play a mix of music from the chosen decade along with more recent hits.

Hope this helps,
Megan (02/06/2009)

By megan24

Military Ball Theme Ideas
Child Leaving for Military
Farewell Party for Child Leaving for Military
tee ball player
Tee Ball Team Parade Float Ideas
American Flag on White Taekwondo Uniform
Sewing Patches on Clothing
young man in camos holding a Christmas gift
Military Themed Christmas Tree
🎄
🍂