Milk Jug for Organizing Plastic Bags

Just a little tip for all the plastic bags everyone gets these days and I store mine in gallon milk jugs. In the center of the milk jug is usually a design like a circle, I cut the circle out then cut the handle in half just by slitting it in half. The reason I do that is then I can hang up the jug and when I get bags, just shove then in the hole in the milk jug. You will never believe how many bags a gallon jug will hold. It's great.

Also if you want, you can slit the handle as for the bag tip then cut a larger hole in the center of the jug and then hang it on your clothes line and store all your clothes pins in it. I usually poke holes all over the milk carton so if it rains, it will leak out and the clothes pins won't start rotting. And this tip didn't cost you a dime.

Source: My imagination.

By Barb from Birchwood, WI

Milk Jug for Organizing Plastic Bags

This is the very best tip I've seen in ages! Thank you for sharing your idea! (04/24/2009)

By Cyinda

Milk Jug for Organizing Plastic Bags

I do the same thing and keep one in the vehicle, and use the bags for garbage. We also have a dog that travels with us, now we have bags for doggie cleanups. (04/25/2009)

By gollyg

Organizing Plastic Bags, A blue plastic grocery bag.
Organizing Plastic Bags
Two soldiers photographed fighting in WW II.
Did They Have Plastic Bags in WW II?
different sized bag footballs
Folding Plastic Grocery Bags
Milk Jug Ghost
Making a Milk Jug Ghost
Milk Jug Snoopy
Milk Jug Snoopy Craft