Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

Has anyone ever had trouble with milky white spots on laminate flooring? I have these all over my laminate flooring for no rhyme or reason. I have always used mild cleaners ie., Pergo Floor Cleaner or H2O with just a dab of Windex or vinegar.

I feel like I am going crazy trying to figure this out and I have had no help from the company that installed it. Thanks a million.

Mary from Green Bay, WI

Answers:

Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

I've read a few websites after a google search and some stated an all purpose cleaner is fine to use, but the culprit may be that streaking is visible while floor is drying or too much cleaning agent is used. It was suggested to dry flooring after mopping. Hope this helps. (02/26/2008)

By Lorelei

Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

My husband does floors and people have called him about this problem. He refuses to lay this floor anymore. Even though it doesn't scratch easily, if small bits of water stay in one spot, it will leave a permanent spot. He suggests to run over the floor with a towel wrapped around a dust mop after you mop it. Just wrap the towel around and clasp together with a safety pin, take it off and wash for next use. This way you won't have to get on your hands and knees. If you have any other problems with it, let me know. Me and my husband would love to help. (02/27/2008)

By Elizabeth

Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

I forgot to add that you might want to speak to the store where you got the floor. This is a recurring problem my husband has had and the company should warranty the product. If it is a snap together laminate floor that is kind of like Pergo, the only thing that could be done is to take it up and replace. If it is real laminated or engineered plank hardwood (the top is like actual hardwood and not like countertop material) then it can be screened out and, in worse case, sanded and refinished. My husband does this for a living and I can give you some tips on how to try it yourself if the company doesn't help. Let me know. (02/27/2008)

By Elizabeth

Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

I would contact the company and try to get them to warranty it. You can make them reimburse you for take-up labor, the amount you spent on the floor, and also re-installation. Push hard for them to do this because sometimes, they are hard to deal with. If you try and they do not budge over a period of a couple of months, if the spots are big enough, you may be able to file it on your insurance as water damage. (02/28/2008)

By Elizabeth

Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

My dear hubby is in the flooring business and when I asked him about this, he said that it was called "blushing". Moisture is causing your problem. Always use only a damp mop. Hope this helps.

Kathy (03/04/2008)

By Kathy

Milky White Spots on Laminate Flooring

This suggestion may be completely irrelevant to your issue, but it is worth a try. I have laminate countertops that are painted and then sealed with a water based polyurethane. I doubt that is the same type of sealant on your Pergo type floors, but I had a white cloudy stain which was from setting something hot on it. Strange enough, but I took a hair dryer to the spot and it completely went away. Like I said, this may be completely irrelevant to your issue, but I thought I would throw it out there. You never know. (04/07/2008)

By megandgarr

Well, after reading all these suggestions. I tried them all.I thought I shared my experience since everyone help. I would like to contribute.

What really worked for me was Mr. Clean Eraser!! Since my goofy self did not use distilled water. The water residue is result from using water other than distilled. BTW, I had bamboo hard wood floors. Dark mahogany in color. I had the floor guys put a clear shiny coats on it as soon as they were done.Hope this help.Cheers!!

laminate wood flooring
White Marks on Laminate Flooring
Paint can, tray, brushes and supplies.
Painting Laminate Flooring
Cleaning Laminate Flooring, Red dry mop cleaning laminate floors
Cleaning Laminate Flooring
Installing Laminate Flooring
Installing Laminate Flooring
laminate samples
Cloudy White Spots on Laminate Countertop
🎉
🎄