DecorationsHome Decor

Mini Hat Spring Wreath

Vote for this contest contender!

I don't usually buy straw wreath forms, but I wanted something cheap and big. This will have to be seen from my parking lot so it had to be big.

This was time intensive, but the results were very satisfying. I got one hat off just a bit, but I am still pretty pleased.

Total Time: 3 hours at least

Yield: 1

1. Wrap your wreath with the wired ribbon and glue every 6 or so wraps.
  2. With the mini hats, leave a 2" tail and make a scalloped edge with this pattern: Chain 3 and make 2 double crochets in the first chain from hook. Make 14 more for a total of 15 and break off with enough tail to make a double knot where the scallop began. Make one for each hat.
  3. Using your glue gun, set the circle on the hat and with minimal glue, glue down each scallop. If you trim the tails close no one will see them. Do this with each hat. I chose the same colored thread as it had most of the colors I was using for ribbon because I didn't have enough thread to match each color.
  4. Ad
  5. I then took each color of ribbon, and finding the middle of the ribbon, spot glued it to the hat. Don't worry about where you start as long as you end in the opposite spot to cross over your ribbon. Trim them at an angle and you are good.
  6. Setting each hat where it needs to go, like cutting a pie, glue on. Be careful as the hat will have holes and you can get 2nd degree burns from oozing glue. Also, be careful where you set them as I got one off just a bit so don't make that mistake. Your wreath is ready to hang. N-JOY!!
  7. Ad

Sandi, you have outdone yourself!

Time intensive, but the result is well worth it.. This looks like a good project for some ladies I know.

Thanks. I know everyone will enjoy seeing such a fresh Spring greeting.

Betty

Thanks Betty! I hope your ladies have fun!!

I will let you know. We have already completed one or two of your projects. They like thing that can be done in parts and completed together.

Be sure to post them, Betty. If not as a new tip then in the feedback here. We'd all love to see different examples of the main idea. :)

Anonymous

I agree with Jesse please share. We love to see what we inspire!

Back to report - success! Everyone loved working on this spring time wreath. We looked over your photos at one meeting, went out and bought wreaths, and then everyone brought different ribbons and "toppings" of their choice. A very good time was had by everyone.

Sandi, you would have been proud - They turned out great!

Sorry but I did not have my camera but maybe next time.

Happy springtime everyone!

cybergrannie: I am so proud!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Maybe some of your ladies had a camera? This made my whole week...heck my whole month!! Poor But "Very" Proud!!