DecorationsChristmas

Miniature Christmas Display

What is it about Christmas that makes us love things in miniature? I don't know, but I always have. Each year I make a miniature Christmas scene, mostly from found items and natural bits from my yard. This kind of display can be achieved with very little expense or effort. The fun comes in getting it all set up "just right." It's reminds me of playing with my tiny houses, animals, and people when I was a child. Maybe that's where the appeal lies.

Total Time: 1 - 3 hours

Source: Inspiration: my childhood.

1. Arrange a layer of "snow" by stretching apart cotton balls.
  2. Make tiny trees using a red bead hot-glued to a Scrabble tile, add snips of pine.
  3. Arrange miniature houses, deer, and what have you. Mine come from garage sales and thriftstores. Pick them up during the summer with Christmas in mind. Craft stores have them, too.
  4. Make an ornament tree using bare branches (I used Rose of Sharon to signify Jesus), use glass flower frog for holder, hang tiny ornaments.
  5. Ad

6. Use a stick-on light underneath the upper shelf to light the scene. It is hidden by lace scarf hanging over edge.
  7. Add sprigs of pine or other greenery from the yard to frame your scene. You can also add a pinecone or two.
  8. Ad

9. And, voila! The possibilities are limitless.

That is a Priceless treasure, make sure you take photos of this and put them in a Christmas card or use it as a Christmas card it is a jewel

msjodiwms, thank you for your very kind words. I like your idea of the Christmas card. I just might do that. I would so appreciate a thumbs up vote, as this has been chosen for the contest! Share it too if you want.

This is so adorable...I love miniatures!

bluemoonalone, thanks so much for your comment. Yes, miniatures make it seem like you could stroll right into another world. I'd love your vote for the contest--much appreciated!

So cute, I love miniature's too.

Thank you, Darla!