Miniature Pinscher Photos and Information

Miniature Pinscher
These small hardy, short haired dogs are very active and loyal. They are well suited to apartment life, as long as they get their daily walks. This page contains miniature pinscher photos and information.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Just Jack is 3-4 years old and a Miniature Pincher. This is a short version of a longer story that I wrote called Just Jack's story

Jack and I met on a warm morning in October. I had gone to an apartment complex to pick up payment for an emergency pet sitting job I had done. I parked my car and was walking across the parking lot when all of a sudden a little dog came darting out of the apartment complex. As I bent down, he jumped into my arms. I said to him "Where did you come from?", all the while thinking someone must have opened a door and he just escaped. Someone must be looking for him. He was just so cute. I walked into the complex holding on this very happy wriggly little dog and started looking for an open door or an owner out looking for their dog. I yelled several times "Did someone lose a dog?" But no one was out of their apartment and no one was looking for him. I took a good look at him and realized he was a very skinny purebred Miniature Pincher. He was wearing a red collar with no tags on it.

He loved riding to my house in the car. I smelled a strong odor in the car and realized it was coming from him. In fact for a little dog, he really stunk. I gave him a bath and the water turned a dark brown. He absolutely was the dirtiest little dog I had ever bathed. Even my 85lb dog had never turned the water that color. As I dried him, I noticed that he didn't have any hair on his chest or around his collar. His eyes were constantly tearing. He also wasn't housebroken and appeared to be around 10 months to maybe 18 months old, because his teeth were still nice and white and no tarter buildup.

I took him to the Vet office that afternoon to have him checked. I thought maybe he had a microchip, but of course, he did not! Days later, I traveled back to the apartment complex and to the surrounding area to see if lost signs had been put up. I really didn't want this dog; I had two big mixed breed female dogs.

After three weeks I had to neuter him. Oh yeah! I forgot to mention he wasn't neutered either. I was also looking for a good home for him. In the meantime, if he was going to stay for a while, he had to be fixed. He wouldn't leave my two females dogs alone and it was driving them crazy. In fact he was literally driving me insane because he wasn't housebroken, wasn't socialized, couldn't walk on a leash, and would shred any paper he found, would dart out the door if it opened and stood on the table when no one was looking. No one could pet him because he would snap and kind of bite your hand. But then again, he was just so darn cute with so much potential.

I decided to call him Just Jack. He reminded me of the character Jack on the show "Will and Grace." Jack would cup his hands around his face and say "I'm Jack, just Jack." Those big ears looked like cupped hands and the name just fit him perfectly.

Jack arrived home from being neutered and he looked so pathetic. I took him in my arms and looked into his almond eyes and at that moment I knew he was mine and I couldn't part with him.

Yes, Jack was a mess, but none of it was his fault. I blame it all on his previous owners. They got a dog and never took the time to properly train or care for him. I believe that he was always tied or kept in a garage. When he became too much of a problem, they probably dumped him. To this day, I'm still not sure if he ran off, got lost or just got dumped. I feel he got dumped.

Our two year anniversary will be this October. Yes, Jack found me just before Halloween. The first 6 months was difficult. He had to be kenneled a lot of the time because he was so unruly and got into mischief very quickly. He was just starved for love and attention. He learned quickly and does try very hard to please. It just took a little patience from me. Well, I lied; it took a lot of patience and time.

He is around 3-4 years old now and turned out to be a wonderful dog. He is a very sweet boy and perfectly mannered. He can sit, come, lie down and stay on command. He still has a problem walking on a leash and he may never conquer that. Jack is just 14lbs and loves to travel in the car. He wears a collar with tags and has all his shots.

Jack chooses to stay with Skye and Belle, my other dogs, and me. He has had lots of opportunity to leave or run off. Somehow he knows that he belongs and has a home. He is happy with his big female companions. They all get along. He is still just as cute and handsome as the day he found me. Was it Kismet or fate? I don't know. I do know, that I call him Jack, Just Jack.

Photo from left to right Skye,Belle and Just Jack in the middle

By xintexas

Just Jack (Miniature Pincher)

Comment Like this photo? 11

Kimbo is a 6 month old Miniature Pinscher. We rescued him from a puppy mill in April. He sleeps a lot.

By Marie

small brown dog

Comment Like this photo? 10

Raven is 5 years old and is a Miniature Pinscher. We got her from a family member we have had her for 2 years.

She likes to play with my 9 and 12 year old boys. She is such a joy to have, she loves to lay on the boys' beds with them and she loves to sit on people's laps.

miniture pinscher

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Taz is a 4 year old Miniature Pinscher. I got Taz when he was 8 weeks old.

Taz likes to sleep on anything warm. I have to fight for my heating pad. He can find his way into a laundry basket with the warm laundry from the dryer.

Taz has survived an attack from a pair of mean dogs when he was a year old. He hung on until we got him to the vet. He had a collapsed lung, broken ribs and required 17 stitches. He made a full recovery. Thanks goodness for modern medicine.

By Joyce M. from Mesa, AZ

Taz  Miniature Pinscher

Comment Like this photo? Yes