Minimizing Deep Scars

Does any one know what I can do to minimize deep scars? It looks like I need a patch of skin placed in that spot. I need it to be smooth. It makes me sad. Please any suggestions would be appreciated.

By Maryjane from Los Angeles, CA

Answers:

Minimizing Deep Scars

Mederma-skin care for scars. Made by "merz pharmaceuticals www.mederma.com

I used the on a bad scare on my face and it works but you have to use like the directions say. (10/18/2009)

By Pollywon

Minimizing Deep Scars

Apply vitamin E to the scar or wound at least once a day for a few weeks, or until the wound has healed. For scars, you may need to apply vitamin E oil for one to two months for best results. Good luck.
(10/18/2009)

By kffrmw88

Minimizing Deep Scars

A company called Derma E makes a scar gel which is great! I actually got a sample by writing the company as I just got surgery and am using it for my scar. It dries quickly as well and soaks in a lot better than vitamin E (which I also use).

Here are some reviews: http://www.makeupalley.com/product/showreview.asp/ItemID=75229/Derma_E_Scar_Gel/Derma_E/Moisturizers

It's about $20 and a little goes a long way. They recommend using it for 8 weeks on a fresh scar and about 6 months on an older scar. Good luck!

Here is the company website: www.dermae.net

You can get a free sample package of their products for $4.95 shipping too.
(10/18/2009)

By freya1970

Minimizing Deep Scars

You probably notice it more than others do! Try the suggestions and forget about it! You are you, you are not a scar! (10/20/2009)

By catastrofy

Large Scar
Reducing Scar Discoloration
Deep Frying
Deep Frying Tips and Tricks
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Lemon Juice for Acne Scars
Vegetable Garden
Minimizing Diseases in a Vegetable Garden
Large Turkey in Deep Fryer
Deep Frying a Turkey
🎉
🎄