Vote for this contest contender!
A very delicious soup you can enjoy any time!
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 25 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
Yield: 4 bowls
- 1 stick dried kombu
- 2 Tbsp dried wakame
- 1 bundle green onions
- 3/4 cup Japanese bonito flakes
- 1 package tofu
- 4 cups water
- 7 pieces light miso
- On medium heat, in a large pot, add dried stick of kombu and 4 cups of water. Allow the kombu to soften for about 10-15 minutes. When the kombu has soften, turn off heat and toss out kombu.
- While you have kombu and water on the stove, get a small bowl and add the dried wakame and 4 tablespoon water. Allow wakame to soften.
- Prep green onions and dice tofu into cubes of your desired size.
- Back to the large pot, once you toss combo. It is time to stir in bonito flakes. Bring to a boil for 5 minutes and turn off heat and allow the broth to settle in with flavors.
- Now add the wakame that is now soften earlier, into the pot with tofu and light miso. Allow to simmer for a few minutes. Top off with with green onions when serving.
Add your voice! Click below to comment. ThriftyFun is powered by your wisdom!