Mixed Breed Dog Photos

Category Dogs
Mixed breed dogs are unique and beautiful in their own special way. They exhibit physical and behavioral characteristics of their breeds and many of their own. This guide contains mixed breed dog photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photographs. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Your Pet's Age
7

How and when did you get your pet?
We got him from a family that was moving and they couldn't take him with them.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to go to the dog park, chase the ball, run around with our son, and cuddle.

Comment Like this photo? 1

Tobey was 14 years old. She was a mixed breed that my kids found in a drain pipe. I cleaned her and nursed her back to health. She then became my best friend, and always liked to be with me.

Tobey was always there for me after surgeries. I lost her in October after 14 years, one week before my first granddaughter was born. Thank you Tobey.

By Michelle C.

Small black and tan dog.

Comment Like this photo? 18

Awww. She was very cute! x

Reply Like this photo? Yes

Your Pet's Age
4 months

Your Pet's Breed
Mixed

How and when did you get your pet?
I got him off Craigslist last Friday.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to eat anything and everything, loves water, his bones, and to be in your lap 24/7.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Even though I have only had him a short time, I am so in love with my little fur baby. He makes me laugh non stop, and is always up for cuddles. He loves to sleep on my neck when we drive and even though it's uncomfortable for me, I let him do it cause I love him. I can't wait to spend forever together!

Comment Like this photo? 8

Wall-E certainly is a cute little guy and sounds very sweet. Best wishes for many happy years together!

Reply Like this photo? Yes

dog pile on recliner

Coco is a Chocolate Lab I've had for 7 years and Katie is a Springer Spaniel Mix I've had for 2 months.

woman holding a brown and tan dog

I got her off of Craigslist. I had been looking for a new baby for my other baby to play with.

Anook in the Snow

Anook is a 7 year old mixed breed. We got Anook about 6 and 1/2 years ago. He was a rescue dog in an ad that needed urgent help, he was going from foster home to foster home.

Coffey (Mixed Breed)

Year and a half ago, I got him from an online organization and he shipped to me from Taiwan.

puppy lying down

Infinity is a puppy that likes to play with everything and steal socks.

Fuzzy brown dog on rag rug.

Sandokan is a 4 year old mixed breed. I looked on petfinder.com and fell in love with the little one when we met at the Santa Cruz animal shelter.

Tan and white dog.

Dot is nine years old. Her breed is unknown, but if I had to guess I would say yellow Lab mixed with a Pit Bull. We found Dot at the Animal Shelter after our dog Osa died.

Closeup of Lucky.

Lucky is a 2 1/2 year old blessed breed. A man dumped her out of his van at a swap meet and drove off, the creep, but lucky me! She loves to run and roll and she smiles a lot.

Smiling brown and black dog

Bobo is a Hound and only God knows what breed. We are unsure of his age but possibly around 8. Bobo is a foster dog that we are keeping. He was rescued from a puppy mill.

Parker, Rosie, Emma and Ginger: Parker will be 10 in July, Ginger 7, Rosie 6 and Emma 5. Parker, is a Labrador/Rottweiler mix. Rosie, is a German Shepherd/Mini Pin mix.

Riley Canoe (Dog)

I recently had a swab DNA test done on Riley to see what type of dog he was. I was sure it would come back cattle dog cross. But there was not one into trace of it in him

lying on dog bed

I adopted my Cocker Spaniel mix, Dexter, from a dog rescue 3 weeks ago.

dogs in snow

Mason and Chewy are my dogs. Mason is a 5 year old is a Border Collie/Lab, and Chewy is a 1 year old Pomeranian/Dachshund. We rescued them both from the animal shelter, when they were puppies. They love playing together and especially in the snow.

Sophia closeup

I got the 8 week female 2 days ago and the male Puggle in August.

Boo laying on man's chest.

Boo was found in an adjacent town. A friend saw the woman that found him on her doorstep walking the area trying to find his owner.

Brown dog lying upside down.

Poppi is a 5 year old Pitbull, Sharpei, Rhodesian Ridgeback and Chow mix. A real Heinz 57. He's also part Handsome, so I'm told. He came to me through a family member no longer able to care for him about a year ago.

Apollo the American Lattle with Santa Clause

Apollo is a 7 month old American Lattle mix. He is from the pairing of our Australian Cattle Dog/Border Collie and the neighboring farm's Lab/Malamute. He loves to visit the farm and play with mom, dad and brothers.

Dogs looking out the window.

I got my dogs Rusty Girl (Boxer/Shepherd) and Winston (Sharpei/Basset Hound) at the animal shelter.

Tricolored dog.

Stitch is about 6 years old and a mixed breed. I got him about 4 years ago from Craigs list.

Black dog on couch.

Maggie laying down, being sneaky, she's not allowed on the couch, and she got caught. Editor's Note: This was posted last Saturday but I missed all the information about Maggie so here it is again.

Dog with sunglasses.

Chester is still a pup, 4 months old. He is a mixed breed, I'm not sure what. He was a gift from my ex-husband to our daughter.

Tan and white dog.

Ariel is 11 week old mixed breed dog. I'm unsure what breed she is, I've been told she is a crossbred mongrel and Collie. I got her on the 30th of January. A social worker rescued them from a house and took them in.

Ellie (Mixed Breed)

Ellie is 5 years old and is a mixed breed. We got our dog as a puppy five years ago from a friend. . .

Ellie (Mixed Breed)

Brown and tan dog licking a peanut butter jar.

GK is a 6 year old Heinz 57 varieties (Mixed Breed) dog, that I got from a shelter 3 years ago. GK likes to run amok with our terrier mix. In this picture, GK has discovered a 26-oz. peanut butter jar I was saving to clean out.

Skye Hunting for Dinner

My dog (Skye) hunting for dinner. How more thrifty can you be than to send your dog out for a wild turkey to bring back for dinner?

outside on a halter

Just recently, he needed a lot of ways to waste energy and I just loved him from the start, he's so kind. So I offered to take him from the previous owner because she didn't have the time or place for him.