Mixed Breed Dog Photos

Category Dogs
Mixed Breed Dog
Mixed breed dogs are unique and beautiful in their own special way. They exhibit physical and behavioral characteristics of their breeds and many of their own. This guide contains mixed breed dog photos.

Photos

Share on ThriftyFunCheck out these photos. Click at right to share your own photo in this guide.

Tobey was 14 years old. She was a mixed breed that my kids found in a drain pipe. I cleaned her and nursed her back to health. She then became my best friend, and always liked to be with me.

Tobey was always there for me after surgeries. I lost her in October after 14 years, one week before my first granddaughter was born. Thank you Tobey.

By Michelle C.

Small black and tan dog.

Comment Like this photo? 18

Lucky is a 2 1/2 year old blessed breed. A man dumped her out of his van at a swap meet and drove off, the creep, but lucky me! She loves to run and roll and she smiles a lot.

I wouldn't trade that day I found her for the world.

By Deby from KS

Closeup of Lucky.

Comment Like this photo? 9

Dot is nine years old. Her breed is unknown but if I had to guess I would say yellow Lab mixed with a Pit Bull. We found Dot at the Animal Shelter after our dog Osa died. Her puppy Gordo, who was about two years old when she passed, wouldn't stop crying for weeks so we knew we needed another dog.

She loves to go for walks and play tag with our poodle Ricky Bobby. Dot is the prettiest dog in the world, in my eyes.

By comickitty

Tan and white dog.

Comment Like this photo? 12

Anook is a 7 year old mixed breed. We got Anook about 6 and 1/2 years ago. He was a rescue dog in an ad that needed urgent help, he was going from foster home to foster home.

Anook plays with other dogs, loves to do tricks, go for runs with my nephews, and bike rides. He has a garter snake that he plays with it in the back yard. They chase each other. Very fun to watch!

By Lynette

Anook in the Snow

Comment Like this photo? 10

Bobo is a Hound and only God knows what breed. We are unsure of his age but possibly around 8. Bobo is a foster dog that we are keeping. He was rescued from a puppy mill. We are looking for a quiet home for him with a nice older person who wants companionship.

He loves to snuggle up and be petted. :) Bobo just wants me to tell you all that if you have a little room and a lot of love, there are many older pets who would love to keep you company - even if it's only temporary until you find them a home. So many owners have come into rough economic times and are unable to continue to feed and care for their much loved pets. Also, our soldiers always need volunteers to watch their pets while they are deployed.

If you can help, call your local shelter or look for a soldiers pet sitter website.

Bobo thanks you. :)

By Gooby from Straughn, IN

Smiling brown and black dog

Comment Like this photo? 12

Your Pet's Age
4 months

Your Pet's Breed
Mixed

How and when did you get your pet?
I got him off Craigslist last Friday.

What does your pet like to do for fun?
He likes to eat anything and everything, loves water, his bones, and to be in your lap 24/7.

Do you have anything else to share about your pet?
Even though I have only had him a short time, I am so in love with my little fur baby. He makes me laugh non stop, and is always up for cuddles. He loves to sleep on my neck when we drive and even though it's uncomfortable for me, I let him do it cause I love him. I can't wait to spend forever together!

Comment Like this photo? 8

Parker, Rosie, Emma and Ginger: Parker will be 10 in July, Ginger 7, Rosie 6 and Emma 5. Parker, is a Labrador/Rottweiler mix. Rosie, is a German Shepherd/Mini Pin mix.

Comment Like this photo? 5

Sandokan is a 4 year old mixed breed. I looked on petfinder.com and fell in love with the little one when we met at the Santa Cruz animal shelter.

Fuzzy brown dog on rag rug.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 9

Coco is a Chocolate Lab I've had for 7 years and Katie is a Springer Spaniel Mix I've had for 2 months.

dog pile on recliner

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Mason and Chewy are my dogs. Mason is a 5 year old is a Border Collie/Lab, and Chewy is a 1 year old Pomeranian/Dachshund. We rescued them both from the animal shelter, when they were puppies. They love playing together and especially in the snow.

dogs in snow

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

I got her off of Craigslist. I had been looking for a new baby for my other baby to play with.

woman holding a brown and tan dog

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 8

Year and a half ago, I got him from an online organization and he shipped to me from Taiwan.

Coffey (Mixed Breed)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

Infinity is a puppy that likes to play with everything and steal socks.

puppy lying down

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 7

We got him from a family that was moving and they couldn't take him with them. He likes to go to the dog park, chase the ball, run around with our son, and cuddle.

Dusty dressed as a wolf for Halloween

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 1

I recently had a swab DNA test done on Riley to see what type of dog he was. I was sure it would come back cattle dog cross. But there was not one into trace of it in him

Riley Canoe (Dog)

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Boo was found in an adjacent town. A friend saw the woman that found him on her doorstep walking the area trying to find his owner.

Boo laying on man's chest.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

I adopted my Cocker Spaniel mix, Dexter, from a dog rescue 3 weeks ago.

lying on dog bed

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Poppi is a 5 year old Pitbull, Sharpei, Rhodesian Ridgeback and Chow mix. A real Heinz 57. He's also part Handsome, so I'm told. He came to me through a family member no longer able to care for him about a year ago.

Brown dog lying upside down.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Maggie laying down, being sneaky, she's not allowed on the couch, and she got caught. Editor's Note: This was posted last Saturday but I missed all the information about Maggie so here it is again.

Black dog on couch.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I got the 8 week female 2 days ago and the male Puggle in August.

Sophia closeup

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 6

Chester is still a pup, 4 months old. He is a mixed breed, I'm not sure what. He was a gift from my ex-husband to our daughter.

Dog with sunglasses.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Apollo is a 7 month old American Lattle mix. He is from the pairing of our Australian Cattle Dog/Border Collie and the neighboring farm's Lab/Malamute. He loves to visit the farm and play with mom, dad and brothers.

Apollo the American Lattle with Santa Clause

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 5

Stitch is about 6 years old and a mixed breed. I got him about 4 years ago from Craigs list.

Tricolored dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 4

Ellie is 5 years old and is a mixed breed. We got our dog as a puppy five years ago from a friend. . .

Ellie (Mixed Breed)

Comment Like this photo? Yes

Ariel is 11 week old mixed breed dog. I'm unsure what breed she is, I've been told she is a crossbred mongrel and Collie. I got her on the 30th of January. A social worker rescued them from a house and took them in.

Tan and white dog.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

I got my dogs Rusty Girl (Boxer/Shepherd) and Winston (Sharpei/Basset Hound) at the animal shelter.

Dogs looking out the window.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? 3

GK is a 6 year old Heinz 57 varieties (Mixed Breed) dog, that I got from a shelter 3 years ago. GK likes to run amok with our terrier mix. In this picture, GK has discovered a 26-oz. peanut butter jar I was saving to clean out.

Brown and tan dog licking a peanut butter jar.

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

My dog (Skye) hunting for dinner. How more thrifty can you be than to send your dog out for a wild turkey to bring back for dinner?

Skye Hunting for Dinner

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

The black dog, Jackson is a lab/basset mix. He belongs to my brother. The smaller dog, Wilson is a pure collie and belongs to me.

Bestpalsresting.jpg

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes

Just recently, he needed a lot of ways to waste energy and I just loved him from the start, he's so kind. So I offered to take him from the previous owner because she didn't have the time or place for him.

outside on a halter

CommentPin It! Like this photo? Yes