Modifying a Carburetor for Briggs and Stratton Horizontal Shaft Engine

I have a Briggs and Stratton 8 HP engine with a horizontal shaft. It has a faulty carb that will run on choke idling, but I have to open the choke to throttle up above 1/4 throttle, otherwise if I leave it shut it will just after-fire (aka back fire but the proper term is after fire) and die. The same goes vice versa if it is idling then the choke has to be all the way shut for it to idle, otherwise it will just studder and die. I have an old Briggs and Stratton 8 hp vertical shaft engine that is blown up. Could I swap parts from the vertical shaft engine and put them in the horizontal engine? Please help me.

Answers

To celebrate the new year we are giving away $200 in Amazon gift cards for people who answer questions on ThriftyFun in January! Click here to find out more...

Home and Garden Repair OtherJanuary 4, 2017
Lawn Mower Carburetor
Repairing a Lawn Mower Carburetor
Boy Behind Fence in Convict Costume
Making a Convict Costume
Mother Nits out of Her Daughters Hair
Preventing Head Lice
A door opening inward.
Changing Which Way a Door Opens
🍀
💘
© 1997-2017 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on January 17, 2017 at 3:10:46 PM on 10.0.1.54 in 3 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.