Mom's Cherry Salad
This is a pretty salad at Christmas. My mom would use green and red cherries together instead of only one color or the other. They mix well with the pineapple flavor.
- 1 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese
- 1 (6 oz.) jar red or green cherries, reserving liquid
- 1 (8 oz.) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 (8 oz.) container Cool Whip
- 1/2 cup mini marshmallows
- 3/4 cup chopped pecans
Drain cherries on paper towel.
With mixer, beat cream cheese. Blend cherry juice from jar with cheese.
Cut cherries into fourths. Add cherries, pineapple, sugar, marshmallows, and Cool Whip to cream cheese mixture. Mix well.
Pour into serving bowl. Sprinkle top with chopped nuts. Cover and chill overnight.
By Robin from Washington, IA
Add your voice to the conversation.