Monarch Butterfly on Butterfly Bush

A Monarch with it's wings open on the white flowers of the butterfly bush in the backyard. They visit from early July to as late as October on their way to Mexico. They cover a distance of 2,000 miles.

By Evelyn from McHenry, IL

Monarch Butterfly on Butterfly Bush

OMG, I luv it! I love monarchs and didn't get a chance to get a pic of it. I walked out one morning to get the mail and there was a black butterfly with blue on wings, by the time I got the camera it flew away. I went to the backyard and it had landed on a tarp so he turned toward me long enough to snap a pic and away he went. God's creatures are so wonderful. Thanks for sharing such a lovely picture (oh yeah I have my order in for Mother's Day already, butterfly bushes LOL) (09/25/2006)

By grammar

Monarch Butterfly on Butterfly Bush

Nice butterfly! Wow. I am familiar with Mchenry. (09/25/2006)

By Debbie

Monarch Butterfly on Butterfly Bush

By msettamae2

Monarch Butterfly on Flower
Monarch Butterfly Photos
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Transplanting a Butterfly Bush
Red Admiral Butterfly
Red Admiral Butterfly Photos
Rice paper butterfly on small pink flowers
Making a Butterfly Garden
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush
Winterizing a Butterfly Bush