Mopping Hardwood Floors

I have a terrible white film on my hardwood floors and don't know how to get it off and restore the luster back to my floors. Can anyone help with suggestions? I am so afraid to make them worse.

Thanks.

By LO from Huntington Beach, CA

Answers:

Mopping Hardwood Floors

I wouldn't use any product on wood floors, just a light amount of water once a month or so and wipe it up right away with a soft rag. If the floors have a film you can't get rid of, it might be time to refinish, which isn't that expensive, but it's a pain to DIY it. (03/04/2010)

By Allison5

Mopping Hardwood Floors

I recently had new hardwood floors installed. To clean and remove any excess glue, the installers used mineral spirits to wipe down the floors. You might want to try a little of that on an inconspicuous spot (under a piece of furniture, for example). Wait a day or so and see what the area looks like. If it still looks good, wipe down all your floors with mineral spirits. (03/05/2010)

By Southern Saver

Mopping Hardwood Floors

Home Depot has a product called Rejuvenate and you will be amazed what your floor will look like after your finished applying. Make sure you buy the terry mop cover at the same time. It should be in the floor cleaning section. Make sure you read the directions first. My hickory floor is about 5 years old and it looked brand new after first use of product. Application lasts 2-3 months. (03/05/2010)

By ookiesmom

Mopping Hardwood Floors

There is a great product called Holloway House Quick Shine. I've found them in Walmart and in Lowe's. (03/08/2010)

By Deeshep

Mopping Hardwood Floors
A dining room with hardwood floors.
Protecting Hardwood Floors
Red Chair on Hardwood Floor
Keeping Furniture from Sliding on Hardwood Floors
Engineered Hardwood Floor
Repairing Water Damage on an Engineered Hardwood Floor
Someone mopping hardwood floors
Cleaning Hardwood Floors
🎉
🎄