Mosquito Prevention Tips

I have been on the search for tips to keep the mosquitoes off. We have experienced a large infestation of them due to the excess rain. While having lunch with friends, we discussed what was working for them. None of us like to buy the expensive sprays. Here are the tips, pick one that works for you and your family.

• Plant Marigolds in your flower gardens, there is a smell they give off that bugs don't like.
  • I have personally used Avon Skin so Soft for years, but I learned it works best mixed with a mixture of 1/2 alcohol and 1/2 Skin so Soft.
  • Bounce Fabric Softener sheets, just wipe yourself down before heading out.
  • Vicks Vaporub - amazing stuff! Also, great for nasty toe nail fungus.
  • My sister who is a nurse, said her doctor recommends taking a Vitamin B1 tablet daily 100mg every day. If you don't like to take pills, you can discontinue during the winter months when the mosquitoes aren't around.
  • This is very interesting, do not eat bananas as the mosquitoes like something about the banana oil as your body is processing the banana, this one we all had a good laugh about.

• My husband found a bag of Scotts Turfbuilder fertilizer to put on the yard that also is suppose to help with insect control, we shall see.
  • I have mixed up a large spray bottle, which I labeled Insect Spray, with 1/2 Skin so Soft and 1/2 alcohol to spray around the front entry door. For some reason they like to hang out there.

By Bobbie from Rockwall

Answers:

Mosquito Prevention Tips

I realize that this is not a tip for everyone, and you will probably get a kick out of it (you wouldn't be the first one), but we have NEVER had a mosquito problem since we got a couple of dozen free range chickens. They are so effective, we totally forget about mosquitoes when we go anywhere and they are a problem. We have mostly Araucanas; the Easter egg chickens that lay the blue and green eggs, and the rooster, named (what else) Mick Jagger. (Have you ever noticed how the original Mick struts on stage?) I know this most likely won't help as a solution if you live in the city, but had to share. (08/08/2007)

By Margie

Mosquito Prevention Tips

I just wanted to add a second to the statement; Vicks Vaporub - amazing stuff! Also, great for nasty toe nail fungus. It really does work well to keep nail fungus under control. (08/08/2007)

By Cresanna

Mosquito Prevention Tips
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
Mosquito Bite Remedies
Mosquito Bite Remedies
Breast Cancer Detection and Prevention
Breast Cancer Prevention
Mosquito Repellant
Mosquito Repellent Reviews
🎄