Mosquito Repellent Recipes

How do I make a lemon grass mosquito repellent?

By May from Laguna, Philippines

Answers:

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

I am going to use amber colored Listerine this year as a mosquito repellent. I think Listerine is great, and I use it as a hand sanitizer, an air freshener, and a surface cleaner and also to clean the toilet, because that is what it was made to do originally. Just a note that it works as a mosquito repellent too.

I have info on the lemon flea repellent for dogs and cats if you would be interested. I am sure it would work in the same way, although, I might get a grapefruit and do it with that to get more out of each batch.

You cut up a lemon and boil it for a few minutes. Then you let it sit covered for a few days and then put it in a spray bottle. I am sure this would repel mosquitoes also. Blessings. (02/13/2010)

By Robyn Fed

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

The best repellent is body odor. The worse the BO, the better the repellent. That's what I hear anyhow, and I don't get bit, but I also never shower. LOL, j/k. (04/18/2010)

By Smoody

Mosquito Repellent Recipes

Skin-so-soft, the original bath oil, as mosquito repellent. I seem to recall, in the 80s, that it called for 1 part skin-so-soft, to 2 parts of water. You put it in a spray bottle, then shake it before applying it. (06/07/2010)

By maus