Mother's Day Breakfast Ideas

Category Parties
Planning a special breakfast for Mother's Day is a nice gift for this important lady. This is a guide about Mother's Day breakfast ideas.

I'm having a Mother's day breakfast for 12 ladies on my block. Some have lost their husbands, caregivers, or are divorcees and I just wanted to try and brighten their day. I need ideas for gifts, etc. Thanks in advance for all ideas.

By mom2one

Best Answer

If you're treating all 12 to gifts I guess you won't want to spend a great deal, right? I'd really like it if somebody gave me a small plant. I think African Violets are beautiful and easy to care for. Maybe all 12 could be the centerpiece then you can give them out at some point. If a plant doesn't seem right for these ladies (too much trouble maybe?) you could give each one a little vase of a couple of flowers. If flowers don't hit your spot, what about an inspirational book? A prayer a day or thought a day kind of book.

It's really nice of you to thinnk of doing this. So many people are forgotten on holidays if they don't have family.

Best Answer

Home made baking and casseroles! Brownies, cookies, muffins, cupcakes, and a good casserole; macaroni, salmon, tuna, or whatever casserole. You can get cookie tins at the dollar store, as well as small casserole dishes. I live alone and would LOVE a gift like this! Good for you! Have fun.

Dollar Tree! You'd be surprised what you can find there. Also, the plant idea goes a long way for a little money. Maybe some herbs in a small terra-cotta flower pot tied with a pretty ribbon. If this is over budget for you, you could make refrigerator magnets--we all use them! Wooden hearts and a permanent marker to write on them. Craft stores have packages of wooden hearts and magnet strips/buttons.

I tape my wood piece on a piece of cardboard before painting them. It keeps your fingers clean and also the backs are neat. You don't want to glue anything (magnet) to a painted surface anyway. It'll pop off if dropped! Wal Mart has a cheap clear spray for a little over a dollar "Color Place" brand. After your paint is dry and you've written on them, lightly spray a coat of clear, let dry and spray a few more coats allowing to dry in between. This will keep the marker from bleeding or smearing. Good Luck and you're such a sweetie to do this for your friends!

Make each lady a little corsage with either real or silk flowers. Its easy, and inexpensive to do.

Also make bath salts someone just posted an easy recipe. Have Fun