Moving Furniture Around Your House

On carpet, use cardboard under large pieces of furniture to move them from one room to another. I was able to move a large and heavy entertainment center by myself utilizing this method.

Get a big box and break it down, so that you have one or two long pieces. Tip the furniture up far enough to place the cardboard under it. Now think about which end you want to go through the doorway first.

I moved the entertainment center from the living room to a bedroom. If I had taken the wrong end in first, I would have had to stand the mattress and box spring on end to have space to turn it around. A little thought in advance saves a lot of work.

On hard surface floors, tip the furniture piece and place a throw rug or heavy towel under it. Then you can easily slide it where ever you like.

Remember to protect your back. Pulling is easier on it than pushing.

By Suzie from Bellingham, WA

Two Men Moving Sofa
Moving Furniture
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Man and woman carrying a large couch
Moving a Large Couch Into Your House
Couple moving heavy cabinet
Moving Heavy Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film