Moving Heavy Furniture

To help move heavy furniture more easily on tile or wood floors, lift just enough to slip a throw rug or one of those carpet samples, carpet side down, under the edge. It will slide across the floor and also protect the floor from scratches. I use this method to move my large file cabinet in my office. And my refrigerator in the kitchen.

By Harlean from Arkansas

Answers:

Moving Heavy Furniture

Have you seen the Moving Men sliders. They are the best! I got mine at Walmart for under ten dollars. They move bedroom furniture, loaded bookcases, on carpet, lino, tile. I just got some new recliners. We put them together in my front room and then put the sliders under the four legs and slid them on the carpet across the kitchen lino to the family room carpet with ease. It is a breeze to move furniture. I move my furniture frequently because I'm able to with these sliders. I can get those baseboards that most people overlook because furniture is difficult to move. Try them you'll love them!
(11/17/2005)

By Jennifer CA

Moving Heavy Furniture

You know what is easier? I save all the shoulder pads I take out of blouses, etc and use those under anything large I want to move. The satiny ones work best!! Give it a try. (11/20/2005)

By jaxi3

Moving Heavy Furniture

The idea for putting carpet samples under your couch legs also works if your furniture is on hardwood floors. Little carpet samples under the legs will keep the couch in place on the slippery hardwood surface and won't scratch the floors when you sit on the couch or the kids push the furniture around. (10/22/2008)

By CT

Moving Heavy Furniture

Home Depot and I suppose most of the other big hardware stores sell plastic sliders. Slip one under each leg of heavy piece of furniturwe and slide away. Unless the bottoms of sliders get damaged they can be used over and over. Works great. (02/05/2009)

By Hairy Wolf

Moving Heavy Furniture

My sister showed me that if you put a glossy magazine under the legs or leading-edge of a heavy piece of furniture, it will slide across the carpet SO easy! I have used this often. Frugal! (02/16/2009)

By OrahLee

Couple moving heavy cabinet
Moving Heavy Furniture
Man standing next to heavy hutch and boxes on carpet
Moving Heavy Furniture on Carpet
Alabama Sign
Moving to Alabama
Furniture polish being sprayed on wood furniture.
Removing Furniture Polish Build Up from Wood Furniture
Antique Wood Furniture with Sticky Film
Cleaning Wood Furniture With a Sticky Film
🎄