Moving a Wood Deck

Wood Deck
Moving a wood deck is relatively easy as long as you can disassemble and move it without too much hassle. This is a guide about moving a wood deck.

So a neighbor of ours is moving and we are getting his wooden deck. It could be carried to our house by about 5 people or so, but we are new to town and don't know anybody willing to help. We don't have access to a trailer or skid/fork lift, etc. Any ideas on how to get it moved? I was thinking putting a couple boards underneath (like skids) and pulling it with our truck. (I just don't want to tear it up or the yard since we rent.) Any other ideas? Also we won't have enough money to rent a trailer or equipment, so I am looking for a way my husband and I could do it alone on the cheap.

By Desiree