Craftsman LT 2000 Riding Mower Won't Start

Category Lawn Mowers
There are a number of reasons a mower won't start. Diagnosing the cause is the first step to making the necessary repair. This is a guide about Craftsman LT 2000 riding mower won't start.

I have a Craftsman Lt2000 model 247280904 that will not get gas to the cylinder though, it does turn over. I have a new starter and battery, but when you go to start all it wants to do is crank and spin, but not start. I have checked all the gas lines. The carburetor is cleaned and it's getting spark and combustion. Any help would be appreciated!

By Terry

Best Answer

I had the exact same issue on a 17 HP Kohler. After scratching my head for a couple hours, I just happened to notice the gas tank looked like it was under pressure. I took the gas cap off and the tank released the pressure and it fired right up. I put the cap back on and it stalled out after about a minute. Long story short, the vent hole on the gas cap was clogged and after cleaning and boring the hole out a little, the issue was resolved. May not be your issue, but an easy place to start.

Sounds like your exhaust valve seat blew out. Is it a OHV engine?

I have a Craftsman LT2000 that will crank, but not turn over. The engine is an Intek 19.5 hp Briggs and Stratton. The model is 31P677 0804 B1. I have spark, I changed out the fuel solenoid and grounded it to the block with the key on and it moves in and out. I've taken off the flywheel and the key is in place. The gap between the flywheel and ignition thing is gapped correctly. It has a new plug and fuel filter. I am getting fuel to the carb when I put gas in the cylinder it will backfire once.

By Shawn K.

Best Answer

Sounds like your exhaust valve seat blew out.

I have a 2013 lt 2000 Craftsman riding mower. I've changed the solenoid, the starter, and the battery, to no avail. It only clicks rapidly at the solenoid. I tried to jump the mower right at the starter and it will not turn over at all. It just sparks. Any ideas please?

I have a Craftsman LT 2000 that won't start. It has fire. I got it from an old man that had work done on it before and they wired it directly. Now it won't start, any ideas?

By Harley from TX

Answers:

Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start

Could have burned out a safety switch. This is why techs don't run jump wires to test your safety switches, you will need an ohm meter. If you get a reading of zero in the open position, replace the switch. If you don't know which is open or closed, measure from both sets of terminals, if you get two readings of zero, the switch is bad. Check your PTO, seat, and parking brake switches. (09/15/2010)

By revravyid