Mower With a Briggs & Stratton Engine Won't Start

I have a 14hp Briggs engine on my lawn tractor. It will not start, it has no spark, and has plenty of gas. I have checked all of the safety switches. I have actually jumped them out and still no spark. Where else can I look?

By skynyrd57 from PA

For those who can't get a spark; Did you make the sure the spark plug is clean - that the electrodes are not corroded or clogged with soot or oil? Also, when you tested for a spark, did you make sure the earth electrode was firmly pushed against part of the engine casing that was bare metal? If both of these are yes, then the next place to look is the coil that fires the spark plug. Use a multimeter to check that all the coils are okay. (05/18/2009)

By alloydog

Photo of a push lawn mower.
Fixing a Lawn Mower That Won't Start
Man Fixing Mower
Mower Won't Start
Man tinkering with a riding mower.
Riding Lawn Mower Won't Start
Craftsman Riding Mower
Craftsman Riding Mower Won't Start