Mushroom and Cheese Orzo Risotto Recipe
This savory version of risotto uses orzo instead of rice. This is a guide about mushroom and cheese orzo risotto recipe
Share on ThriftyFunThis guide contains the following solutions. Have something to add? Please share your solution!
People tend to get intimidated by the thought of making risotto. I can assure you, this version is a super easy method that results in a very elegant, delicious dish.
Total Time: 20 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
- 2 tsp oil
- 3/4 cup sliced or chopped mushrooms
- 1/4 cup chopped onions
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 2 cups dried orzo pasta
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1/3 cup any type of cheese (I used aged cheddar here)
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Add oil to frying pan over high heat. Cook mushrooms, onions and garlic until browned, about 5 minutes.
- Reduce heat to medium and add dried orzo. Stir often until pasta is light golden brown, a few minutes.
- Add chicken broth and bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat and simmer. Stirring often. It will take about 8 minutes or so until orzo is tender and most of the liquid is absorbed. If its too thick or dry, add a bit of water at a time until you reach desired consistency. If too wet, cook a bit longer.
- Turn off heat then drop in cheese, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Stir until cheese melts. I'm getting hungry just writing this! Enjoy!
In This Guide