My Cat Keeps Peeing on the Floor

I have a 2yr old Tabby cat who is very well potty trained with the cat box. He used to poop on my carpets and tile, but now he just keeps peeing on my bathroom floor tile in same spot more than once a day. What should/can I do to stop this from happening?

By Josh from Stevens Point, WI

Answers:

My Cat Keeps Peeing on the Floor

Have the cat checked by a vet. It may have a bladder or kidney infection. (11/02/2010)

By Danialle

My Cat Keeps Peeing on the Floor

Cats with urinary tract infections (uti) will often seek out a place to pee that they think is "cool," like a tile floor. UTIs are very painful for cats and can cause long term kidney damage if ignored. I always take my cat to the vet to rule a UTI out. Then if it is just a behavioral problem I use Comfort Zone to get them back in the litter box. The spray has worked for me 100% of the time. They will not go where it has been sprayed. UTIs tend to come back and I have had good luck with a product called "Tract Ease" (onlynaturalpets.com) in my cat's food to keep them from coming back. I am at 1 year and counting with no recurrences. Good luck! (11/02/2010)

By Lizzyanny

My Cat Keeps Peeing on the Floor
sweeping a floor
Floor Sweeping Tips
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
Homemade Wood Floor Cleaner Recipes
dirty garage floor
Removing Oil Stains from Garage Floor
Litter Box
Cat Peeing Outside Litter Box
🎄