My Daughter's Hair is Not Growing

I have a five year old daughter who has fairly thin and curly hair. It doesn't seem to be growing, she also suffers from asthma and eczema. I was wondering if anyone had any tips on how I could speed up the growing process. Also, because of her eczema she has no eyebrows. Her pediatrician keeps giving her these hydrocortisone creams that don't work. Please help.

Momonabudget from Griffin, GA

Answers:

My Daughter's Hair is Not Growing

Try thyroid testing. (01/23/2007)

By Ri

My Daughter's Hair is Not Growing

I read thru this post (even though it's from back in April,'07) and didn't see anywhere that Hair Nails and Skin vitamins were mentioned, so I thought I would list it. I found out about it because I am bipolar so after years of a variety of medicines my hair was thinning at a horrifying rate every day. It seems to have slowed a little bit.

Here's a link to the search results: http://search.yahoo.com/search?fr=ytff1-msgrandp=hair%20nail%20%26%20skin%20vitaminsandei=UTF-8 (07/23/2007)

By melody_yesterday

My Daughter's Hair is Not Growing

I don't know what advice you've received, but eczema is worse with dry skin. A good moisturizer (without alcohol) like oatmeal lotion, Eucerin, or Sarno lotion helps. Also flaxseed oil and other omega 3 fatty acids will help her skin and hair. This may take up to 2 months to notice improvement.

Pay close attention to her diet staying away from sweets, (anything with more than 9 grams of sugar is too sweet) and high salt (anything above 500mg of sodium is too high in salt). Good luck and keep us posted. (03/15/2008)

By Ruby

My Daughter's Hair is Not Growing

Let me just tell you straight up. A lot of doctors over diagnose eczema. They diagnosed my daughter with eczema when she broke out at 3 months of age. I knew it was not eczema because I had had it as a child. I asked for like 4 opinions until finally the nurse at her doctor's office told me it was another form of cradle cap which is very similar to eczema, but is caused by bacteria. She recommended washing the child's hair with Selsun Blue shampoo. I'll tell you one thing, my daughter's skin cleared up in a month.

My little sister who was diagnosed with the same condition continued to use hydrocotizone creams and all that stuff until her mother got frustrated like me and tried the Selsum Blue. Her skin cleared up as well. (I mean my little sister would scratch until she was bleeding and then her sores would get infected and leave dark scars). It worked. I just thought that would be helpful. It really works. Give it a month. It won't hurt. (05/29/2008)

By Maya

My Daughter's Hair is Not Growing

Try keeping her skin clean, make sure that it doesn't go more than two days without a wash. Try moisturizing, that works best. As for her hair, don't over brush it, this can cause some breakage and thinning. Only brush it enough to get the tangles out. Oh, yeah, and try changing her sheets, this could help with the eczema. Make sure she changes her clothes every day. If nothing helps, try going to a herbal/natural store, the employees are always very knowledgeable and helpful, they can recommend something that might help. (01/21/2009)

By guest

Young girl pulling on her hair
My Child's Hair is Not Growing
daddy daughter dance ideas
Planning a Daddy Daughter Dance
Mother Daughter Tea
Planning a Mother Daughter Tea
Up close photo of red, wavy hair.
Homemade Hair Dye Recipes
Sink with hair dye stains
Removing Hair Dye from a Bathroom Sink
🎉
🎄