My Dog Is Overweight

My dog is very overweight and I can't get her to lose weight. What should I do?

Morgan from Ontario, Canada

Answers:

My Dog Is Overweight

Bring her to the vet. They can do a simple blood test and first find out if she has a thyroid issue - which can be brought under control with a very inexpensive medicine. It may not be your dog's fault (or yours). If they determine nothing is wrong, they'll be able to advise you on how to address the issue. (01/09/2007)

By CarlaJS

My Dog Is Overweight

She may need more exercise. Also, doggy treats are very fattening.. (01/11/2007)

By Sue

My Dog Is Overweight

My sweetie is too! I've been able to see a visible difference since going to a "better" dry food instead of the easy canned dog food. Her vet is also happy to see the difference, although less $$ for him! Ha!

We use Iams. She eats less, is more active, and her coat is very shiny. There is visible weight loss as well and at 13+ years, very impressive! She still "expects" treats - that was one of the problems to being with, she trained us very well! (01/11/2007)

By Streatch

My Dog Is Overweight
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
Overweight English bull dog.
Diet and Exercise Tips for an Overweight Dog
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎉
🎄