My Dog is Constipated

My dog is constipated. What can I do?

Benjamin from Greenfield, MA

Answers:

My Dog is Constipated

A product called "The Missing Link" has worked wonders for both my Bichon and Golden Retriever. It even helps with skin problems and weight maintenance. You can get it at 1800petmeds.com or I have also found it a Petsmart. It is relatively inexpensive and certainly worth a try. (03/24/2008)

By mom2hhh

My Dog is Constipated

I had the same problem with my dog and I fed her canned pumpkin and it worked great. (03/25/2008)

By AndreaR

My Dog is Constipated

I worked at a pet store for a while and when this question came up we were advised by the local vet to add butter/margarine into the dog food. It should help and will also make their coats shiny. Hope this helps you. (03/25/2008)

By Debbie

My Dog is Constipated

We had this problem fairly recently and the vet advised buying a Fleet's enema for humans, put Vaseline on the tip to help ease it in and slowly insert the liquid. Try to keep the dog still for a few minutes. It did work and our dog laid fairly still for it as she seemed to know we were trying to help. It did take two of us, one to give and one to pet and distract the dog. (03/25/2008)

By Beverly

My Dog is Constipated

Is this a chronic problem? Exercise helps my dog a lot. If it is something that has come on suddenly I would check with the vet as it could be a blockage of some kind. (03/25/2008)

By hildalove

My Dog is Constipated

I worked for a veterinarian who prescribed Metamucil. You can put it right in the dog's food. They also love the Metamucil cookies. Make sure your dog has plenty of fresh water to drink. (03/26/2008)

By Barbara

My Dog is Constipated
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
A happy dog standing up.
Training a Dog to Stop Mounting (Humping) People
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎉
🎄