My Dog is Vomiting

I just got a puppy on May 28, she wouldn't eat or drink on that following day. Then out of the blue, she drank milk, it caused her too poop and vomit. Then the next day on May 29 she drank water. She puked out clear water and a little bit of white stuff. This morning on may 31 she drink water and vomited. She hasn't touch her food. The person who had her before told me she ate that food but why she wont eat it now. What could be wrong? I'm scared, I loved this puppy she is a small breed. Only three months.

Lyn from Stockton, California

Editor's Note: You are right to be scared. This could be a serious problem. You should get this dog to a vet as soon as possible. It likely is very dehydrated from vomiting and only a vet, seeing your dog in person, can diagnose what is causing the problem.

Answers:

My Dog is Vomiting

Get this dog to a vet right away. People and animals can die from dehydration pretty quickly, no matter what is causing it. (06/01/2006)

By Jan Van Dusen

My Dog is Vomiting

Make sure your pup got its parvo shots. This dog is going to dehydrate fast if you don't get something to stay down. Get to a vet as soon as possible. With puppies this is no joke, and you need to take this very seriously. (06/01/2006)

By redway

My Dog is Vomiting

Yes, as others have said the vet ASAP. THEN if you bought the puppy from a breeder or reputable pet store, call them. (06/02/2006)

By BeanTownSteve

My Dog is Vomiting

Parvo is my guess. It is DEADLY in dogs and it CAN be PASSED among dogs. I do not know if it can be passed to other animals (cats, etc) or to people, but I do know it is deadly in dogs. THEN, you have to sanitise with bleach their run (if you have a cement run) their bedding, dishes (I don't think you should use bleach on food/water bowls, but ask a vet) (06/02/2006)

By KLS8800

My Dog is Vomiting

PLEASE take your puppy to vet NOW ! She may have any number of something wrongs! Could be nothing other than something simple like worms too? (06/02/2006)

By Rosa

My Dog is Vomiting

Vet vet vet. no other way to say it. (06/03/2006)

By sandy

My Dog is Vomiting

Could also be an obstruction or twisted intestine, both need VET attention (06/05/2006)

By Diana

My Dog is Vomiting

Please let us know what the vet says and how the puppy is doing. (06/06/2006)

By reddlb

My Dog is Vomiting

Vet! (08/27/2007)

By cool

My Dog is Vomiting

My puppy had the same problem and took him to the vet and was diagnosed with hook worms. Please get it to the vet asap. Also with hook worms you have to use bleach on the poop spots in your yard to kill them. Good Luck and will be praying for your dog. (03/05/2008)

By cantmissamy

Tips When Your Dog is Vomiting
Aggressive Dog
Dog is Aggressive Towards Other Resident Dogs
A bull dog puppy eating a red shoe.
My Puppy Ate Something it Shouldn't
Illustration of two kids in costumes.  A witch and a pirate.
Making a Dog the Bounty Hunter Costume
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
Dog Peeing on Another Dog
🎉
🎄