My Dog is a Picky Eater

Our 2 yr. old YorkiePoo is kinda picky in what she'll eat. Right now she eats (sometimes) Caesar foods. There isn't another one out there that she'll eat. And treats! I've got so much $ spent on treats. Sometimes she'll eat them and then again no. I had her eating cat treats for a couple of days, then it was no again.

By Dottie from southwest IN

Feedback:

By CaroleeRose 12/13/2010

I have spoiled my 3 dogs beyond rotten and they too had become picky eaters. With them I went back to the basics and no treats, human or table food. The only way they would eat was if each dog had a whole can of canned food mixed with their dry. I was glad they were eating but they gained a lot of weight from the canned food. So now didn't they only not eat, they had to adjust to dry dog food.

When I put their supper down at 6 PM, they get one hour to eat it and if they don't eat it it I pick it up and they get nothing for the rest of the night. In the morning they get their breakfast and after an hour I pick that up. All three now eat their dry food. They try to make me feel guilty and that worked for awhile but their health is way to important to me.

When and if they get hungry enough, they will eat.

Report

By thriftyvicki 12/13/2010

Well, I am of the "tough love" frame of mind here. Let her go hungry until she decides she likes something. She will eat something eventually. Maybe you could try some homemade foods. Type into the internet or check out some books on homemade dog foods.

Report

Feeding a Dog That is a Picky Eater
Feeding a Dog Who is a Picky Eater
Cat eating out of a yellow bowl.
Homemade Cat Food Recipes
muffin tin lasagna
Muffin Tin Lasagna Recipes
Feeding a Picky Cat
Feeding a Picky Cat
Picky Eater Boy
Parenting a Picky Eater
🎄
🍂
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on November 16, 2016 at 4:47:49 PM on 10.0.0.200 in 941 msecs. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.