My Homemade Baby Wipes

Save tons of money by making your own baby wipes. It's much easier than you might think. I use only the Bounty paper towels because they hold up better. Fold them in thirds (accordion style--like when you were a kid and made fans in school with your old papers!) Make sure to leave the paper towels attached at the perforation because it helps them feed through the wipes container. When the paper towels are folded cut them in half (this means each roll of towels should make about 200 wipes) and set them in your wipes container. Boil water, let it cool and measure out about 1 1/2 cups of water per wipes container. Add 2 drops of tea tree oil (a natural antiseptic) for each 1 1/2 cups of water. Pour it slowly over the towels. Allow them to sit of a couple hours and you're set.

I use old wipes containers that I already had around the house. If you don't have some, ask neighbors, co-workers, family, church members. Most people just throw them away so it shouldn't be hard to find 4 or 5 of them. I pre-fold my paper towels when I'm on the phone, watching our toddler in the tub, etc. This way when I run out, they're already folded. All I have to do is add the water. If your buy the paper towels on sale with coupons, you can make the wipes for about 1/2 cent or less per wipe as opposed to the 2-3 cents per wipe they cost at the store. It may sound like a small amount, but it REALLY adds up in the long run. Good luck!

By Heidi from Washington, DC

Homemade Baby Wipes

I have noticed too that in a pinch, when I run out of wipes, that the 1 papertowel is equivalent to like 2 or 3 wipes. I don't know why. But those papertowels are better.

Wipes are so tiny, for every poop, I gotta use at least 3 or 4. It adds up! $9.80 was the last time I was at Walmart for the Huggies Sensitive wipes (some of those cheaper brands irritate the little bums).

By mommamoody

Photo of a baby on changing table.
Making Homemade Baby Wipes
Baby Wipes Container
Uses for Baby Wipes
Baby Wipes
Saving Money on Baby Wipes
homemade boogie wipes
Homemade Boogie Wipes
Baby Wipes
Rehydrating Baby Wipes