My House Reeks of Skunk Odor

I let my dog out at 3 last night and she got sprayed by a skunk. We used the baking soda, peroxide, dish soap, method and she is doing fine. However my house reeks. I would like to try the coffee grinds method but how do you do it? It may sound stupid but do I sprinkle it all over the house? Or just set it out in bowls? Right now we have fans going in every room. Should I turn them off when I do this? Any help would be greatly appreciated. We are dying here!

Steve from Charles Town, WV

My House Reeks of Skunk Odor

We had the same problem less than a year ago. The best thing I found was to simmer apple cider vinegar on the stove, for a few days and open the windows. The odor does disappear within a week or so. good luck!! (09/28/2006)

By Jo Ann

My House Reeks of Skunk Odor

I have had skunk odor in my home from a skunk dying under the house. I tried everything. It has been 4 months. What helped the most is to put charcoal under the house and placing bowls of it around the inside of the house. It has absorbed most of the odor. I also threw mothballs all around the outside fence of our home. I also use lots of scented candles. Hopefully, it will be gone soon. Good Luck. You'll need it. (09/11/2007)

By char

Skunk odor in home

We live in the country and we have recently had a skunk get underneath the house and spray it. We don't know if it is dead or alive, I assume living. Our house reeks of skunk odor. It is everywhere, in some of our clothes, our coats and we notice the odor when the furnace comes on. Please someone help. My children don't want to go to school for worry that they stink of skunk. (01/27/2008)

By Sandy

Skunk in the Grass
Removing Skunk Smell from House
A skunk getting ready to spray.
Removing Skunk Smell from a Car
Skunk On white Background
Removing Skunk Odor From Carpet
A plastic basket of laundry.
Removing Skunk Odor from Clothing
Removing Skunk Smell from Books
Removing Skunk Smell from Books