Browsing: Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing

Mysterious White Streak and Dots on T-shirt

I have a new light blue sleeveless t-shirt. I pulled it out of the wash and now has white dots and white streak on it. It seems nothing is taking it out. What is this? How did it happen? Can I do anything to fix it? Thank you.

By flower51

Showing: Answers Sort: Relevance

It's possible that a garment or rag with bleach on it got mixed in with your t-shirt. There is no way to return the blue color, that I know of. However, there is one creative solution: Buy a bleach pen that's used for fighting stains. Use it to make white lines and dots on the shirt, then wash it by itself. You'll end up with a t-shirt you designed yourself and you wont have to throw it away.

Just Googled and two answers on other threads are the chlorine from the water is doing it so use hot water not cold on darks and dilute detergent before washing Don't pour right onto clothes. I'm going to try those...grrr

Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 26, 2012
Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Blue Stains Showing Up on Washed Clothing
clean bathroom mirror
Keeping Mirrors from Streaking
Woman with White Hair
Caring for White Hair
glue dots on strip of release paper
Homemade Glue Dots
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on August 24, 2016 at 8:08:55 PM on 10.0.1.171 in 2 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.