Mysterious White Streak and Dots on T-shirt

By Beth S. 8

I have a new light blue sleeveless t-shirt. I pulled it out of the wash and now has white dots and white streak on it. It seems nothing is taking it out. What is this? How did it happen? Can I do anything to fix it? Thank you.

By flower51

Showing: Answers Sort

By MelBunny 1 5 Flag

It's possible that a garment or rag with bleach on it got mixed in with your t-shirt. There is no way to return the blue color, that I know of. However, there is one creative solution: Buy a bleach pen that's used for fighting stains. Use it to make white lines and dots on the shirt, then wash it by itself. You'll end up with a t-shirt you designed yourself and you wont have to throw it away.

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

By Kristy B. 1 Flag

Just Googled and two answers on other threads are the chlorine from the water is doing it so use hot water not cold on darks and dilute detergent before washing Don't pour right onto clothes. I'm going to try those...grrr

ReplyWas this helpful? Yes

Comment

Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Home and Garden Cleaning LaundryJuly 26, 2012
ThriftyFun on Facebook ThriftyFun on Pinterest Enter a Contest Free Newsletters Ask a Question Share a Post
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains on Clothing
Picture of a red striped shirt in a washer.
Blue Stains Showing Up on Washed Clothing
Bleach Stains On Red T-Shirt
Preventing Bleach Stains On Clothing
A woman looking at a stain on a shirt.
Washing Machine Staining Clothing
© 1997-2016 by Cumuli, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Published by . Page generated on February 8, 2016 at 12:03:29 AM on 10.0.2.71 in 1 seconds. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of ThriftyFun's Disclaimer and Privacy Policy. If you have any problems or suggestions feel free to Contact Us.

NewestOldestMost HelpfulLeast HelpfulRelevance
Site MenuShare a PostContestsAsk a QuestionAbout ThriftyFun
BrowseAll By DateAll GuidesAll QuestionsAll VideosRecent FeedbackLonely Questions
CategoriesBetter LivingBudget & FinanceBusiness & LegalConsumer AdviceCraftsEducationEntertainmentFood & RecipesGarage SalesHealth & BeautyHolidays & PartiesHome & GardenMake Your OwnOrganizingParentingPetsTravel & RecreationWeddings