Nail Polish Remover Left Stain on Table

How do I get nail polish remover off a wood table? It took the finish off, how do I get it?

By Jessica S.

Answers

I'm sorry to say, there is no 'getting it off' because the nail polish remover has removed the finish on that surface. You're going to need to re-stain and then re-varnish at least the spot that has been stripped by the nail polish remover.

There are several products in the paint aisles of any big-box store (WalMart, Target, Home Depot, etc) or you can go to a dedicated paint store (Benjamin Moore, etc). Staff at any of the stores should be able to help you match the stain and find the small cans of the stain and varnish.

The stores will also have free info and instructions brochures to help you get a good application that will last a long time.

Actually, I accidentally spilled some finger nail polish remover on my husbands coffee table. I was frantic.

I panicked and wondered if I'd be able to get it off before he got home from work. Then looked up this website which led me to believe after reading all comments that there was no hope for the coffee table.

Well I tried using my finger nail to scratch up the spot the finger nail polish remover left and it worked!